Samsung 22 Ultra+ Verizon Message Talk to Text Doesn't Work
hdavidgould
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am ready to throw this Ultra+ out the window, or beat it with a hammer. I have tried to get support for the ridiculous talk to text issue multiple times. This last time was today, after being pushed through 100 different help yourself filters I finally was able to talk to a real human- something Verizon DOES NOT want you to do. She was kind, but after asking me the silly "have you shut your phone on and off" question she decided to transfer me- in to oblivion. I sat on hold, with no noise or music for 17 minutes and then the system simply said "good-bye" and hung up on me. In the meantime, Verizon sent me no less than 10 different text messages begging me to let their auto assistant help me. I decided to try that again, only to be sitting for another 15 minutes, in the app, with it just spinning, or maybe searching for the next available person- which if they at least told you that it would be helpful. 

Here is the issue (besides the fact that Verizon customer service is now trash- after being with them for 20 years, it is the worst it has ever been)- I am using the Verizon Message app to talk and text- literally every other time I try to talk to text the app will type out my first two words and then stop. Then, when I click the button again, it will record everything I say, then, when I start a new conversation it will record just two words, then, when I click it again it will record the entire sentence. This literally happens every single time- and it happens to my wife on her phone and my daughter on her phone- all S22. What the heck is the issue? How do we stop this?

Labels (1)
Re: Samsung 22 Ultra+ Verizon Message Talk to Text Doesn't Work
hdavidgould
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually, good news- I just switched to the Google Message App and I no longer have that problem. Looks like my 7 phones on my Verizon plan will be dropping the worthless Verizon messaging ap. 

Re: Samsung 22 Ultra+ Verizon Message Talk to Text Doesn't Work
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of having the correct app for our needs, and we are glad that Google App is working better for you. If you need assistance with Verizon Message + or other apps, please send us a Private Note, so we can continue troubleshooting. Sounds good?

~Maria

0 Likes