Samsung A51 Voice to text issues
DarrenBeanard

Posting here because there is no Samsung category for an A51. 

However, I have found that since replacing my S7 with an A51 when I migrated over to Verizon, my voice to text is horrible. It misinterprets about 20% of what I say to the point where it is nearly unusable. 

It seems to help if I slow to a ridiculous  pace   aaa--nnn---ddd        sss--aaa---yyy        thhhhh----eeee       www---oooorrrrr---dddd---ssss                 llll---iiiii---kkk--e                 thhhhhh------i----sssssss.

I don't know if the issue is the A51 or if it is Verizon, as I made the two changes simultaneously. But I will say that my previous phone, the S7 on another carrier was not like this at all. It wasn't perfect, but it only misunderstood an occasional word, and it was usually because it was some specialty term that isn't commonly used. But this thing can't seem to understand basic words and phrases.

Anyone know of a patch or something? Maybe a training session for the phone of some kind? 

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung A51 Voice to text issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to have a working device. There may be an issue with your speaker picking up your voice. Can you record a voice memo to test it? Please let us know how that goes.

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
GLW163
Contributor - Level 1

Are you using Samsung voice to text or Google text to voice?

0 Likes
DarrenBeanard

It isn't a matter of the speaker not picking up my voice. It is a matter of me saying "I need to go to the store," and the phone typing "I weed the goat and go get a horse."

Further, I assume that there is only one speaker on the phone so that my hands free calls would be distorted if there was a speaker problem, which there isn't such an issue. 

The problem is that the phone does not comprehend what is being said, even when I speak very slowly annunciating almost robotically.  

0 Likes
DarrenBeanard

I do not know whether it is Samsung voice or Google text to voice that is being used. I am using the chat button and tapping the mic icon. Whatever the phone is defaulting to for voice to text for chat messages is what I am using. I never adjusted any settings where I had an option to choose which is used for that. 

0 Likes