Samsung A71 5G UW - No signal
rob0809

Hi.  I recently bought the Phone in the subject.  Previously I used a Motorola Z3.  With the Z3, I was able to get a 3G signal at work.  It would go in and out but I could usually get a connection enough to send and receive texts.  With the A71, there's no signal at work.  I have to go to a window to get any kind of signal.  I've tried removing and cleaning the SIM card, made sure it's placed properly, etc.

I've also tried selecting the network manually.  I have Verizon, Extended Network, Roam, 313100, and 311490 to choose from.  They either can't connect or say "your sim card does not allow a connection to this network".

At this point, I'm ready to switch back to the Z3 and take what I can get for the A71.  Does anyone have any suggestions before I do that?

Thanks,

Rob

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung A71 5G UW - No signal
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rob0809, congratulation on your new phone. The last thing we would ever want is for you to have issues with your new phone. Did you use the SIM card that arrived with your new phone? 

We will be pleased to assist you with troubleshooting your device. Since you mentioned that you get service when you stand by a window, then the issue is being caused by the materials that the building you work was built with. You could possibly experience issues with not being able to connect to the network, frequent dropped calls, delayed voicemail indicators, delayed SMS, etc., due to weather or other conditions. 

JacobG_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Samsung A71 5G UW - No signal
rob0809

Hi Jacob. 

Yes, I used the sim card that came with the phone. 

As I said, I already know I have a weak signal at work. But I was able to get some signal with my Motorola Z3, I get no signal with this phone. After using this phone for a couple weeks, I have to say I'm not impressed. To ebay it goes. 

Rob

0 Likes