Samsung Cloud on a Verizon s6 (SM-920V)
TheSaucyBoi

I decided to make my own post as I get different answers depending on whether I am talking to samsung or verizon customer support. I want to know if the verizon s6 had samsung cloud gallery sync as an option when it was still available.

From what I have read, it seems that the samsung cloud was available to backup some app data, like memos, on a verizon device, but many of the other capabilities like samsung cloud gallery sync was removed.

Also, all threads I have read mention the galaxy s7 and newer, this is specifically for a verizon galaxy s6.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Cloud on a Verizon s6 (SM-920V)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's an excellent question, TheSaucyBoi! Yes. You can access Samsung Cloud directly on your Galaxy S6 phone. To access Samsung Cloud on your phone, navigate to and open Settings. Tap your name at the top of the screen, and then tap Samsung Cloud. From here, you can view your synced apps, back up additional data, and restore data.

*Cheyenne

0 Likes
TheSaucyBoi

I am afraid that is not how the settings screen is set up for an s6.

0 Likes
TheSaucyBoi

Cheyenne,

I believe that would be for newer galaxy builds. Also, according to samsungs website verizon phones are not compatible with the samsung cloud.

I asked this question as none of the threads on the subject mention anything as old as the s6, and I wasn't sure if maybe the s6 got "grand-fathered in" to having samsung cloud capabilities, with them being removed in s7 builds and on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

On your Galaxy S6, are you able to go to your settings, tap on your name and then tap on your Samsung Cloud? 

*Cheyenne

0 Likes
TheSaucyBoi

My name is not at the top of settings. Also, the only trace of samsung cloud is the fact that I have an update for it in the galaxy app store, otherwise it is not found on the phone. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00060518/

That link also states, from samsung, that verizon phones are not compatible with samsung cloud. Again, I have seen threads about his for newer phones, but nothing for the s6 specifically, which is the reason I ask.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Are you able to download the Samsung Cloud on your Galaxy S6 device? *Cheyenne

0 Likes
TheSaucyBoi

No, it is not an app when searching all applications, but in the galaxy apps store it does say I have an update for the samsung cloud, implying it is somewhere on my phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

When you update it, does it allow you to open it? 

*Cheyenne

0 Likes
TheSaucyBoi

After the update the app is gone, I can't be found even in the galaxy apps store.

0 Likes