pizzapablo
Contributor - Level 1

>>Duplicate post removed to comply with the .  See <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: Samsung GS3 Battery Drain after 4.3 update
SC-Claim
Enthusiast - Level 3

Add me to the growing angry mob about the battery drain with 4.3 update.

There are times I can't be near a charger so how am I supposed to depend on my phone being available when it's needed?  This is simply eff'ing ridiculous.  You can watch the battery life drain simply by holding the phone in your hand.  And it takes twice as long to recharge.

As a comparison, last night my neighbor went out to a restaurant, I have the S3, he has the S4.  While we were out, we used his phone to browse the web and to look at several videos.  I used my phone to text my wife.  After 3 hours, my phone was down to 50% and his was still at 90%.  I'm Verizon, he's on Sprint 4G. 

If you can't make our phones better with updates.....do us all a favor ------------------ DO NOTHING! 

Hurry and fix this defect.

Brew83
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well my phone has died and will not start up.  I am at work and using the charger that worked perfectly fine before the downgrade yesterday.  I will have to go home and try all my chargers after work.  Hopefully I don't have an emergency in the near future. 

0 Likes
pizzapablo
Contributor - Level 1

>>Comment removed for discussing moderation; please review the <<

Perhaps more effort should be focused on editing bad software "updates" and FIXING THEM!

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

MaddoxXx

Same issue here, my phone had a midnight update to 4.3 ...unplugged at 9am at 100% by 10:15ish today it was at 50% battery when previously (24hrs ago) I was able to go a full day and be at 60% by the time I plugged it in at night.

I reset the cache in the recovery mode and uninstalled all unnecessary apps.

Battery monitor is showing Media process at 28-30% constantly.

Phone is basically unusable at this point

Screenshot_2014-01-11-11-13-01.png

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The phone is working on re-indexing your media and files optimizing for the new OS. I have seen it happen on several phones for different OS versions (ICS, JB 4.2.2, JB 4.3, GB). You have to let it work through this over the first 24 hours after the update. Once completed, the battery usage levels go back to normal.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Dewey3k
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got my update 3 weeks ago and nothing has changed. If I clear the cache partition using recovery mode, it slows down the battery drain for a little while. But this morning I took my phone off the charger, it was 100% and while I walked out the door of my bedroom I watched it drop to 99% and then 98%. 2% in 30 seconds? Rubbish.

Android OS and Android System routinely use about double the battery they used to and Google Services is also about double and that’s even after I reduced the frequency of all my sync’s.

0 Likes
ChrisWW123
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just ran a test:  Charged to 100%, cleared all running tasks using task manager and my task killer.  Enabled "Caffine" app to keep my device from going to sleep.  After 1hr and 10 minutes, I lost 11% juice.  Looking at my Battery app tells me the screen used most of the juice which you would expect, and the OS took most of the rest of the juice.  Seems pretty normal.

Now I'm charging again and will run the test again with just my Dolphin browser open.  I've noticed in the past my monitoring apps always seem to show it using a lot of juice so I will post my results in about 2 hrs.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Dewey3k wrote:

I got my update 3 weeks ago and nothing has changed. If I clear the cache partition using recovery mode, it slows down the battery drain for a little while. But this morning I took my phone off the charger, it was 100% and while I walked out the door of my bedroom I watched it drop to 99% and then 98%. 2% in 30 seconds? Rubbish.

Android OS and Android System routinely use about double the battery they used to and Google Services is also about double and that’s even after I reduced the frequency of all my sync’s.

That's interesting. Hmmm.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
pizzapablo
Contributor - Level 1

Screenshot_2014-01-11-12-58-14.png

From 100% charge, with extended battery!

0 Likes