Re: Samsung GS3 Battery Drain after 4.3 update
Martstephen
Enthusiast - Level 1

The recommended steps to end the nightmare flash during calls worked for me.  Phone, accessibility, check the flash box and then uncheck it.  Thankfully--after 4 days of embarrassing flashing in meetings and nearly blinding my colleagues a few times.

0 Likes
ProudPak
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went through the exercise of talking to Verizon tech support. I was told by the tech that Verizon never tests or have any authority over this update. It comes directly from Samsung and they are responsible for this issue. My call was directed to Samsung, and the lady at Samsung told me that my phone is out of warranty, software problem is not Samsung issue, the update was provided by Google so I should communicate with Google for the battery issue.

It was beyond the capacity of tier 1 level tech support at Verizon and Samsung to take responsibility and resolve the issue for the customer. They felt it is easier to choose the blame game. This is the last time I will purchase Samsung product and last time to keep my family on Verizon. As soon my family contract is over I am moving out.

Thank You Verizon for your awesome support.

aka-neo
Contributor - Level 1

I'm truly shocked that everyone is passing the buck on this. Where is the customer service?? Someone needs to be held accountable and resolve this issue.

SC-Claim
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just saw this on Twitter:

Samsung’s Social Media Support Team. Here to help with any U.S. product questions & provide up-to-date info. 8:30AM-12AM EST (M-F) 9:00AM-6:00PM EST (Sat-Sun)

I'd suggest you light them up with queries.

pizzapablo
Contributor - Level 1

T-Mobile is offering to pay your early termination fees.

0 Likes
rudeguyy
Enthusiast - Level 3

T-Mobile has had the same issues though..all providers have...which goes to show its something to do with the 4.3 update but nobody will just come clean and admit it.

SC-Claim
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm getting the run around one tweet at at time with Samsung.  What model of phone.  Do I use wifi, do I use blue tooth, what charger am I using.... blah, blah, blah.

Bottom line is, they are asking people with problems to disable features of the smart phone which is why we bought the things in the first place.  If they have features that don't work with the devices...don't put the features on the devices.  Simple as that.  Don't tell me my phone is the issue when it was fine before the update to 4.3.

aka-neo
Contributor - Level 1

They know there's an issue. They are simply trying to buy time like everyone else. I'm tired of hearing the following:

"Have you done a Factory data reset?" "Have you tried Safe mode?" "Have you uninstalled all of your apps or make sure they are up to date?" "Have you disabled everything that makes your phone useful?"

Dewey3k
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got my update on Christmas day. Other than the battery drain, the only other thing I don't like is that it shows your texts on the lock screen. How stupid. (I know you can disable but then you don't get the text on the notification bar either). I also miss the lock screen icons.

I did a factory reset. I tried safe mode. All the apps are exactly the same as before the update.

Here's an odd thing though. Every morning when I take the phone off the charger, the battery drops to 99% almost immediately and to 98% in less than 2 minutes. I'm down in the 80's after 10-15 minutes of use or about 30 minutes standby.

But. If I recharge the battery after it falls into the 70s, all the way back to 100%, then the battery drain is much slower. It might even be be slower without the recharge, I just haven't bothered to measure. So maybe it's just really bad first thing in the morning and then improves? Makes no sense but it is what I have observed.

rudeguyy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Next they will be telling us to keep the phone shut off all day for optimal battery life lol