Samsung GS3 (SCH-I535): old contacts are restored after verizon updates
IMAGECATCHERS

Has anyone else expierenced having old contacts being restored after verizon performs thier android updates. When my wife and I purchased are Samsung GS3's we imported our contacts from our old phones. When verizon performed an update on Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 I got old contacts restored including my wifes contacts and vice versa, she got mine. Our existing contacts are not being restored. Where are these old contacts being restored from. When verizon performed this latest jelly bean update to 4.3 the same issue ocuured old contacts including my wifes contacts and vice versa. Sylmar Calif.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung GS3 (SCH-I535): old contacts are restored after verizon updates
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

IMAGECATCHERS, Lets get these contacts in order. It sounds like the contacts that keep coming back are coming from your back-up assistant feature provided free by Verizon Wireless. You can view all these contacts online when you sign into your verizon wireless account. To see both your wifes and yours, you each would have to have a seperate sign on accounts using your mobile number or user id. Here is a link to further assist you with viewing it online: http://vz.to/19ZkuBv  bearone21 is correct where you most current contacts could be saved to your gmail account. Test this out, go into you contacts list and attempt to add a new contact, there should be an area that will say if it will be saved to your gmail, device, or other app. You can change this and it usually will stay on that app going forward.

-PeterV_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

if you use gmail & sync contacts they should be there.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

IMAGECATCHERS, Lets get these contacts in order. It sounds like the contacts that keep coming back are coming from your back-up assistant feature provided free by Verizon Wireless. You can view all these contacts online when you sign into your verizon wireless account. To see both your wifes and yours, you each would have to have a seperate sign on accounts using your mobile number or user id. Here is a link to further assist you with viewing it online: http://vz.to/19ZkuBv  bearone21 is correct where you most current contacts could be saved to your gmail account. Test this out, go into you contacts list and attempt to add a new contact, there should be an area that will say if it will be saved to your gmail, device, or other app. You can change this and it usually will stay on that app going forward.

-PeterV_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes