Samsung Galaxy 4/Apple Iphone Texting - Tried Everything
HNC11

Hello Verizon Community,

I have read through TONS of forums regarding the texting issues between the Samsung Galaxy 4 and the iPhones and have tried every suggestion that was made:

• Turning off imessage on apple device - didn't work
  • Going onto my appleID account and detaching my phone number - didnt't work (i deleted my phone number all together)
  • Changing my appleID and password - didn't work
  • Having my friends with iPhones delete me as a contact, restart their phones and re-add me as a contact - didn't work
  • I do not have any additional apple products

I am sure every one of you reading this is as frustrated as I am, if not more. What I can't understand is this issue does not seem to be a new one. I've read articles regarding this issue going back to September. If someone has a suggestion other than what I have listed above, and other then taking a hammer to my phone, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you all in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Galaxy 4/Apple Iphone Texting - Tried Everything
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello HNC 11
I would be glad to look into this for you. Try this:

Step 1

Go to supportprofile.apple.com/MySupportProfile.do.

Step 2

Step 3

Select the product you need to de-register (your iPhone, for example).

Step 4

Click ‘Unregister’.

Step 5

You’ll see the message ‘Are you sure you want to unregister and delete this product?’ – Click ‘Unregister’ again.

**Important info** By unregistering your iPhone from your Apple ID through the Apple site, it won’t have access to the App Store or content you’ve purchased unless you reregister it.

After this has been accomplished delete all old text and picture messages on both devices and retest.

Let me know if you run into any issues

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy 4/Apple Iphone Texting - Tried Everything
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello HNC 11
I would be glad to look into this for you. Try this:

Step 1

Go to supportprofile.apple.com/MySupportProfile.do.

Step 2

Step 3

Select the product you need to de-register (your iPhone, for example).

Step 4

Click ‘Unregister’.

Step 5

You’ll see the message ‘Are you sure you want to unregister and delete this product?’ – Click ‘Unregister’ again.

**Important info** By unregistering your iPhone from your Apple ID through the Apple site, it won’t have access to the App Store or content you’ve purchased unless you reregister it.

After this has been accomplished delete all old text and picture messages on both devices and retest.

Let me know if you run into any issues

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes