Samsung Galaxy S20+ Android 11 Usability Issue
sonic65101
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Android 11 update for Samsung Galaxy S20+ has a severe usability issue. The Hide Camera Cutout option is missing, and while previously enabled, no longer works. As a result, several apps have become difficult or extremely difficult to use, as they only support landscape mode and there's a camera in the way. Does anyone know a workaround or a different way of enabling the setting that can be used until a fix is released? There's no supported method of downgrading, and I'm pretty sure it's too late to get a different phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S20+ Android 11 Usability Issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how updates can impact your experience. How long have you had this device?

0 Likes
sonic65101
Enthusiast - Level 2

September or August. It's not actually something worth returning the phone over, I was panicking because I wasn't sure what to do.

0 Likes
DMathews1
Contributor - Level 3

Somehow I'm not surprised that Verizon gives you no solutions... so much for support. 

So, until Google/Samsung puts out a new update to fix camera hole problem, go to the Google Play Store and download app...  Nacho Notch

That app is supposed to work well in covering up the camera hole... Good luck!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand your concern, sonic65101. We are always here for support and happy to help with any questions or concerns that arise. 

CheyenneS_VZW

0 Likes
Itto

The hide camera cutout feature was removed by Samsung in the new one u.i. 3.0 update. Its not Android  11 nor Verizon  at fault. Unfortunately its not a bug awaiting a fix. I don't know why they chose to remove the feature  but unless they decide to add it back with the next release you'll need to find another option.

0 Likes