Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 4.3 update issues and more
rlgracia
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wish to add my name to the list of people disappointed with Verizon over this issue and their lack of response.  Since my phone was updated on Jan 18 I have experienced many of the problems mentioned above and many others too numerous to mention.  I've researched the issue on many sites and have found no clear solution.  I'm extremely upset at Verizon's lack of response and unconcern about this issue.  I will try some of the fixes mention in this forum and hope the I find something that works.  I think the time has come to part ways with Verizon at the end of this contract.

Ron

Newsman2010
Enthusiast - Level 2

I, unfortunately, am not eligible for an upgrade, as I have about 18 months left before I can upgrade. Smiley Sad I'm trying the trick about removing the battery and SIM card for 60 seconds and then trying it. If that doesn't work, I guess I'll try the factory reset... hopefully I don't lose my paid apps!

Newsman2010
Enthusiast - Level 2

This fixed my WiFi issue, but the battery drain is still pretty bad. Smiley Sad

Richj
Enthusiast - Level 2

What fixed your WIFI ?

created by Newsman2010 in Samsung Galaxy S III and Samsung Galaxy S III Mini - View the full discussion

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Newsman2010- After resetting your device, the paid applications will need to be reinstalled with the same email account that was used when you first set up your device. MOst of the time you don't have to repurchase paid apps but ths is at the discretion of the app developer. Please keep us posted.

sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
welw823
Enthusiast - Level 1

Add me to the list of unhappy customers.  The 4.3 update to my Gallaxy III has resulted in unstable WiFi, inability to remain connected to the internet for more than a few seconds, and SEVERE battery drain.  I do not have time to deal with these problems and feel compelled to look at other service providers.

Nineunbuffed
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well this is disappointing isn't it.  I'm not going to toss blame.  I'm not going to demand anything.  Just listing my issues and hope that some fix, or even 4.2 is pushed out to all those who received this update.  I do see the value in 4.3 and was excited to see it arrive.  But I'll gladly go back at this point.

Wifi connectivity drops occasionally in the house and I assure you it's not this end.

Any and all notifications trigger the flash. (which is annoying when you're driving home at night).

Bluetooth devices dropping after 1-2 minutres of use.

• Jabra Talk
  • Motorola H700

And that's it.  The BT dropping is incredibly inconvenient in my particular situation. 

aka-neo
Contributor - Level 1

Keep in mind, this is not Verizon specific. It is affecting Samsung phones on other carriers as well. We do need a resolution sooner than later. I've been dealing with serious battery drain for over a month. Yet...I still pay my bill in full. How is that fair?

dan4545830
Enthusiast - Level 1

yep me too!

Newsman2010
Enthusiast - Level 2

I *thought* the hard reset fixed it (power down, reboot in safe mode, power down, pull battery & sim, wait 5 minutes, put it back together and start up.) Now I'm getting the "your network is unstable" again. Smiley Sad