Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Kit Kat Update = Worse Reception
xxNiceStratxx
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ditto to what everybody is saying here.  I specifically switched a few years ago to Verizon due to lack of adequate coverage in my neighborhood.  Since this Kit Kat update (4.2.2) nightmare my phone is becoming nothing more than a paperweight.  Zip code is 98513....whatever.  My girlfriend has the same phone, service, etc. and we are both disgusted with the service we are paying big bucks for.  My girlfriend, her kids and myself will be changing providers.  I will make sure to go out of my way to share my horrible experience.

0 Likes
xxNiceStratxx
Enthusiast - Level 2

for the record -99 dBm here.....so, per the advice above I need to take move my phone to an alternative location (preferably outside)....

ROFLMAO

0 Likes
U_Kidding
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here. VERIZON RAPES its customers. Phone working fine prior to update, now a piece of garbage. Where's our government when we need them? Come on, I'm paying you well over $2000 year for services and I can't get any bars?

0 Likes
U_Kidding
Enthusiast - Level 2

Read somewhere that Google Play App "Network Signal Refresher Lite" will help. Loaded and it seems to have boosted bar by 1 for me.

Description

Refresh network signal in one click!!

IMPORTANT: NETWORK SIGNAL CANNOT BE BOOSTED, ONLY RECOVERED/REFRESHED.
THIS APP TRIES TO SET YOUR DEVICE WITH BEST POSSIBLE CONNECTION IN YOUR AREA BY REFRESHING THE SIGNAL CONNECTION. i.e. AFTER USING THIS APP, YOUR NETWORK SIGNAL CAN GET INCREASED IN STRENGTH (BY SETTING THE BEST NETWORK SIGNAL), OR STAY CONSTANT(IF THERE IS NO BETTER NETWORK SIGNAL).

[[Works perfectly for CDMA technology. GSM may not always work.]]

0 Likes
DeanHarris
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue. Barely 1 bar...

107dBm 33asu

LTE

Same if I walk outside.

lynnhood
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone worked fine (S3) until the beginning of summer.  -110 most of the time.  Even standing near cell tower.  Gps doesnt work well either.  I'm definately shopping around for new carrier

0 Likes
lynnhood
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does Anyone have a fix for this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lynnhood No need to shop around! We can make sure you have a phone that works. Although others may experience similiar issues, we have to troubleshoot case by case. What steps have you taken so far for the data signal issues?

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter

0 Likes
lynnhood
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have tried resetting to factory defaults. Removing battery and sim card and then turning power back on.  I removed all installed apps.  What else should try?  It doesn't matter where I am, my phone has little to no signal strength much of the time.  I can usually send a text message.  I cannot search the internet and GPS doesn't work, google maps can never find my location.  I don't even bother using my phone as a "phone".  IT had become pretty useless.

0 Likes
Fortnerw

I too am having this problem. Zip 31029 Forsyth Ga. Signal level great before Kit Kat software. I don't see how you can say case by case when it is obvious that the software update has caused the problem. This appears to be the case all over the country with the Samsung S3. When I am next to a VZ tower I have full bars. I am out in a rural area but have always had more than 3 bars and 4GLTE most of the time. Now I have 1 to 2 bars with -114dbm 28asu inside or out. This is totally unacceptable. I have 8 mos left on my term but If I can get ATT to buy my contract I am gone unless VZ can reset us to Jelly Bean or clean up Kit Kat. It appears as to have screwed up the sensitivity of these S3 Phones. I too have done the oblitory remove battery, reset SIM. Please Help!!

0 Likes