Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini and Android 4.2.2
g_gomez_84

Good evening everyone,

I just received the 4.2.2 upgrade last night, and I'm seeing an issue with the wifi connections, where the device connects to the wireless network, but it soon tells me that i need to sign in to the network. After a couple of minutes of not signing in, it drops the connection (mind you these networks don't require sign in since they are my personal networks). Anyone else seeing this issue or something similar? I tried to clear the cache via the recovery screen (no luck ) and i tried the factory reset (even worse luck ). Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini and Android 4.2.2
shane_hunziker

I am having this same issue.  Verizon support did the standard resets to no avail.  So they sent me a replacement phone.  It worked fine until the software update loaded in.  Then it started doing the same thing.  I thought it might have had something to do with security settings, and I did not use a pattern or pin lock.  So I forgot my connections (home and work), set up a pattern lock, restarted, and everything started working okay.  That was about a week ago.  Now it's happening again.

This problem is awful because it's eating my data when I should be on wifi!

Can someone help???

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini and Android 4.2.2
gpcxii

I am having the same issue since the update.  Before the update, my phone would automatically connect to a known wifi signal, (home, office, etc.), but since the update, I have to turn off my wifi and then turn it back on before it will connect to the wifi.  It is very frustrating and is leading to data usage that should not be happening.

0 Likes