Samsung Galaxy S3 - No calls outside home area
Laura3406

I used my Samsung Galaxy S3 for a year before having my first problem.  Now every time I travel out of town, I cannot make or receive phone calls.  People indicate calls go straight to voice mail.  When I try to make a call (including to voice mail), it tries for a while without ever actually ringing and then it just ends.

Texting, emailing, accessing the Internet, using the GPS, and even the Hotspot all work. 

When I get home, calling works perfectly.

I have done help tickets at least three times.  I even went to a Verizon store on two different trips.  I restarted after removing the battery and SIM card.  One of the Verizon stores replaced the SIM card.  Support technicians and I have done at least three factory resets (worked once). 

Just as information, my husband has the same phone; got it at the same time; traveled to the same places; and his works great.  During my last trip to Massachusetts, my phone seemed to think I was traveling outside the U.S.

I have 4 months before I can replace my phone.  Does anyone have any other suggestions of things to try?

I appreciate any help!

Laura

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 - No calls outside home area
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Laura3406!

I'm so sorry to learn that you have issues when leaving your home area with your s3! I want you to be able to use your device all over! Let's see what we can find out what's going on OK? It seems like your phone is set to only be used in your home area. Please try these steps to resolve the issue the next time this happens:
Apps button
Settings
More Settings
Mobile Networks
Network Mode
Change to LTE/CDMA

Keep me posted on your results!

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes