Samsung Galaxy S3 update
slk397
Enthusiast - Level 1

I updated my phone yesterday and for the most part, it's been okay.. Definitely draining my battery quicker.  And this may sound strange, but today I noticed that when I receive email from my Yahoo account, my flash for my camera goes off.  But it does not when I get mail from my Gmail.  Also my flash goes off when I receive a call.  Other things I've noticed, for my messages, when I already respond to them and I out of them, it still says I have a message.  I check again, thinking I've missed something, but no I haven't.  Still says I have a message.  I am always very skeptical about doing updates... but my notification kept coming back until I did it.  Shouldn't this be optional??

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 update
rudeguyy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not sure about the message issue..but for the flash go into your Settings and Accessibility and scroll down to Flash notification..make sure it is unchecked..if its checked uncheck it..if not check it and then uncheck it..i have seen that fix the issue for people

tappy1

My husband got the software download for 4.3 but I didn't.  Went to Verizon store and they reset to factory settings.  Still couldn't download software update.  Went to another Vzn store and they got update.  Now I have battery issues and wifi issues and less than one bar using our home wifi.  It is faster though.  All this transpired on January 6, 2014.  Husband also has battery and wifi issues.  My over a year old Nexus 7 has no issues and has android version 4.4.2.

0 Likes
PooDonkey

I have been having the same flash issue and battery drain. My guess would be the flash drains battery. It tends to flash when I receive a call, notification on Facebook or Gmail. My flash box is unchecked. I followed the advice to check it and uncheck it. Will hope that works. Was told that I could bring it in and the guy would reset the phone to old settings. They are not loading the 4.3 until there is a fix. Not even sure what the difference is, or if I would notice one. Just frustrating....

0 Likes