Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Global GSM Does not work
nsyed2

Hi can you please help. I am having a similar problem. When I insert my polish SIM card, the phone reads "non- verizon SIM". I have tried changing all of the settings that I have seen recommended on these forums, including changing to network mode global and to allow global data roaming access. I need to get my Polish SIM card to work, now. I KNOW it is a problem with the phone because no other SIM cards are working AND they are working in all my friends' phones (who also had Verizon back in the States, but none of them have the S4)

I called customer support and he told me to do all of the above, nothing is working and I need it to be.

Thanks for you help,

nsyed2

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi nsyed2,

We definitely want to get you back up and running as you should be! Sorry to hear about the trouble you've been going through. Since you are outside of the country, I would recommend reaching out to our Global Tech Support directly! They will be able to run through everything with you and make sure you are set up to successfully use your device outside of the states. They can be reached using the "calling card" instructions found on this page: http://vz.to/17KseUf

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
nsyed2

Hi,

I called the recommended department and received absolutely no help. I was told that I must be using a SIM from an "unsupported" carrier. Well, I have officially tried every single SIM card offered in Poland. FURTHERMORE, I have placed these same exact SIM cards in all of my friends' phones and they are working just fine. Something is either defective with the phone (in which case I would like a new one sent to me here in Poland) OR Verizon has placed their own block on the phone. I am leaning more towards the latter because the phone is stating that I am using a non- Verizon SIM; meaning that it is working enough to be able to differentiate between SIMS.

I have some friends who have had to pay money to 3rd parties (on Ebay) for a code to fully unlock their Verizon phones. I don't want to do this because I don't trust these non- Verizon companies.

I am extremely upset with the service I have received. I am paying so much money right now to be able to stay in contact with my family back at home but enough is enough. Please work with me to resolve this problem as soon as possible. I have been with Verizon for several years now and have never had such a terrible problem.

Sincerely,

Nicole

0 Likes
nsyed2

I would like to add that when I decided to re-sign my contract with Verizon last July, I was assured beyond a doubt that my phone would work completely fine abroad. I even informed my representative of where I would be, what service I would be using, how long I would be away for and I told him that using global networking plan was too expensive; that I needed  to be able to use Polish carriers. Under absolutely no circumstances will I continue to pay for global networking. It is costing me $25/ 100mb of internet; I have been in Poland for 3 weeks and have already added $75 to my account because of that. And as a medical student, I am using internet a lot! I don't even want to begin discussing how much it is for text messaging and phone calls.

Please do not refer me to your global networking plans any more. I need a solution that will allow me to use a Polish provider.

Thank you for any help you can give me! I truly hope we can figure this out so I don't continue to waste money.

Sincerely,

Nicole

0 Likes
tommyleeruiz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Have you made sure to setup the APN settings for the Provider you are trying to use and aslo set the phone to global?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nsyed2,

Understood completely. Ultimately, our options are limited when you're located out of the country. That's why we must refer you to contacting our Global Support Team. We apologize for the inconvenience.

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jnbgtr

Hi Nicole,

I've read about this issue with a solution over on Android Central.  Go over there as it is a far better user community that has tons a real sharp people.  There is a way to add the APN to your phone so it is recognized on any network.  By FCC rules the S4 is unlocked.  The only issue I've read is that you'll always get the nagging message of 'non-Verizon Sim' however it will work regardless.

0 Likes
nsyed2

Just wanted to let you guys know that Verizon worked with me. Thank you for the support; it's nice to know I can rely on this service for help when I desperately need it. I finally got it working after taking it in to a few friends and speaking with Verizon privately about it.

Thanks! 😃

0 Likes
mikaylam

Hi there, I'm trying to figure out if I buy a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 on Ebay if it will work efficiently where ever I'm living with the global services. I currently live in Canada but I am moving back to Australia and will be travelling through the USA and possibly Europe in the next year.

Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nsyed2 glad to hear that we were able to work together to find a resolution! If you have any additional questions/concerns, we're always here to help! Also check out our Support Page for a ton of handy info http://vz.to/1hYsYIP

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport