Samsung Galaxy S4 Rebate Problem
Mattglenway

I purchased a S4 with a $150 rebate. When I gathered the required documents to mail the rebate, I noticed that the UPC from the package was missing. I have all of the other neccessary documents to process the rebate. I spoke with customer service this morning. Apparently, the UPC is on the plastic sleeve of the S4 packaging. The sleeve was thrown away. Of all of the numerous Verizon phones I have owned, the UPC was always on the cardboard packaging. I spoke to customer service for approximately 40 minutes. The customer service agent offered a $50 bill credit. He mentioned that he would just have to clear it with the rebate department. I was ultimately connected to a representative with the rebate department. The representative told me that the rebate couldn't be processed without the UPC. I explained that the reason I called was because the UPC was thrown away. He absolutely would not help. After speaking with the rebate dept., the call was terminated with no bill credit or follow-up by the original customer service agent. The Verizon receipt has the UPC number on it. I can locate all of the required numbers, MEID, ect. I've been a customer for a long time. This level of customer service is upsetting. Can anyone with a similar experience help?

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Rebate Problem
bearone21
Legend

did you buy from a verizon store or someplace else because i haven't seen a $150 rebate on the verizon website.

0 Likes
Mattglenway

I purchased the S4 at an authorized retailer.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

an authorized retailer isn't a verizon store. costco, amazon, best buy???

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Another example of an authorized retailer are the "Premium Retailer" standalone stores. One name example could be "Wireless World"

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
James425
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would be very careful with "Authorized Retailer"

My best friend is a First Responder Firefighter and he bought the S4 when it came out and he still hasn't got his $50 rebate

I only go to the old Alltel store that is a main Verizon Wireless Store

I'm not the smartest person, but I don't think I would upset a Firefighter

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mattglenway,

Congratulations on your recent upgrade! We want you to enjoy all the benefits of having it; I sincerely apologize for the problems encountered while sending the rebate information. In order for the rebate to be processed and sent to you, all the information required needs to be received, please contact the rebate center http://bit.ly/1mm0qyh for further assistance. 

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
PapaBearDoug

We just updated my wife to the S3 Note and have NO UPC we never left the Verizon Wireless Store in King, NC with it.  After returning to the store and the person that worked with us on the upgrade he said he has never lost one before, and that was that....  I have made yet another return to the store with the same BS story...  The store is 40 miles round trip an I have called leaving vmail, with not one return call, which is piss poor mmanners and not to say anything about CS.  I am all but ready to flush VZW and get another carrier due to this, yes all for a upc label and the 100.00 rebate.....  People like this tend to Pee me off big time

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PapaBearDoug,

I am sorry for the inconvenience of having to take multiple trips to our store. We don't want to see you go and definitely want you to receive your rebate. Please follow and private message me so we make sure we address this missing UPC.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Samsung Galaxy S4 Rebate Problem
PapaBearDoug
Sorry this was not for my s4 but for my wife's Samsung Note S3 and yes I hope we can settle this as I don't want to leave VZW
0 Likes