Samsung Galaxy S4 question - does your phone get hot?
NascarGuy

I notice when I am on my phone for a few minutes the earpiece will get really warm. It seems to cool down when I'm

not using it, but isn't it more normal to stay cool all the time?

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 question - does your phone get hot?
mary25249
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since I did the upgrade about 2 weeks ago my battery drains really fast and my phone has been getting really hot.

0 Likes
Hawkes
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, since updating to NC5 my phone has been horrendous.  Here are the issues I am experiencing that I have not before the upgrade:

1) Phone overheats when plugged in to Samsung OEM vehicle adapter or any other branded vehicle adapter (including the one from Verizon).  I have never ever seen the cooling down indicator on my phone before.

2) Phone overheats when using the Google navigation while on the road.  This is with or without being plugged in to the vehicle adapter and in or outside of the case.

3) Battery life is significantly shorter.  I can leave the house with 98% around 8:30am and by 1pm or 2pm just sitting on my desk gets down to about 10%.  Prior to the update, I never charged my phone during the day unless it was being used extensively (voice, text, etc.)

4) When looking at the battery detail, Android System consistently takes up over 30% of the battery.  I don't ever recall seeing that in the top 5 or 6 applications/services if at all.

This is extremely frustrating since the resolution will probably be to swap the phone out or factory reset it causing me to have to backup everything as well as losing some of the data in apps.  The bigger problem for me is how often I am on the road now and having to now resort to checking maps before I leave or risking my phone dying on the road.

-Hawkes

Razman

My samsung s4 overheated and shutdown while using google navigator in an unfamiliar area. I thought I would be able to get rid of my clunky navigator by using google maps with my Samsung, but that isn't going to happen. Have to wait over 20 minutes before  you can use it again. One or the other has to go!

0 Likes