Samsung Galaxy S4 turns itself off when in use: how to stop this?
uvbogden

I have a several years old Samsung Galaxy S4 that has been a workhorse a long time. About a month ago while 100% charged, when it was not connected to a charger, while I was using it, it turned itself off. I would turn it back on and within 15 seconds it would turn itself off again. Sometimes if I don't try to do anything with it when it shuts down, it turns itself back on, then it turns itself off, cycling off and then on. Now it turns itself off whenever I start using it not plugged in. Thankfully, when it's plugged in it doesn't shut itself off.

I have worked with the online support programs to troubleshoot this problem, but after doing every suggestion, when unplugged, even though 90-100% charged, the phone turns itself off. I have soft rebooted and hard rebooted as instructed but nothing has fixed the problem. When I finished the troubleshooting program, it instructed me to ask the Verizon Community, so here I am. Does anyone have experience with this problem? Can anyone help me fix this?

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 turns itself off when in use: how to stop this?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our goal is to ensure you have a working phone. Was a Device Health Check one of the steps you completed? If so, what were the results?

EstebanP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes