Samsung Galaxy S5
gigilove

Has there been a problem with Galaxy s5 shutting down. I have had mine 4 days and it has powered off twice, The only way to power it back on was to take out the battery

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Galaxy S5
B33
Legend

I'll add:  even though the phone is new it might not Hurt to run a system cache clear on the phone if you received any updates especially..  see if that helps with issue.. As advised above run your phone first in Safe Mode see if that helps if not then try my suggestion.. if both suggestions fail then you may have to Run a Factory Reset but if you feel uncomfortable with doing a F.R. you may want to take your s5 to local Corporate store for evaluation or for replacement..

Good Luck b33

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how irritating it can be to experience issues with such a new device gigilove!

May I ask, have you downloaded any apps yet to your new device? Often 3rd party apps can cause little quirks and glitches in the device, even if the device works well on it's own. To test if this issue is app related, please run your device in Safe Mode http://vz.to/1hhYjUF and see if the issue reoccurs. This can help narrow down the cause of the problem. Keep us posted, so we can make sure this is resolved for you!

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

B33
Legend

I'll add:  even though the phone is new it might not Hurt to run a system cache clear on the phone if you received any updates especially..  see if that helps with issue.. As advised above run your phone first in Safe Mode see if that helps if not then try my suggestion.. if both suggestions fail then you may have to Run a Factory Reset but if you feel uncomfortable with doing a F.R. you may want to take your s5 to local Corporate store for evaluation or for replacement..

Good Luck b33

0 Likes