Samsung Galaxy S5
Heffie908
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a samsung s5 & the screen has been flickering. So much so that it is INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT to use my phone. It flickered when it went in & out of sleep mode at first, but now it has escalated to doing it the entire time the screen is on. I want to find out what's going on with it cuz I don't want it to transfer to my samsung tablet during syncing. & no there was no recent damage to my phone prior to this happening, it just started happening one day. I'm due for an upgrade in June, but I'm not sure it will last that long, & I don't have the funds to go get a new phone. Any ideas, suggestions, words of wisdom PLEASE?!?! Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S5
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Heffie908,

We want to make sure you device is running smoothly. Let's get started. How long has this been going on? How much available memory is on the phone?(Settings>Storage) Is there an SD card in the phone?
DerekR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Heffie908
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's started maybe 6 months ago.

I have 3.02GB available storage

No I don't believe I have a SD card... I (for some reason) never knew I could put one in my phone.

~ Heather Reed ~

Sent from TypeMail

0 Likes
Heffie908
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh, I just tried something... I changed the brightness setting to Auto and it stopped doing the flickering while on. & to test that theory I turned the auto off again, and it did it again. So right now I'm fine witht the auto being on so i actually see my screen properly. But it still flickers when going in and out of sleep mode. It seems to be getting worse as more time goes on.

~ Heather Reed ~

Sent from TypeMail

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Heffie908,

Thanks for getting back to us with those details. We appreciate your efforts and want to get this issue resolved for you ASAP. Do you have any case or screen cover on your phone? If so, can you try removing them and see if this flickering continues. Sometimes  issues with the light & proximity sensors can cause screen lighting issues. Keep us posted.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Heffie908
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes i do have both on & i did what you suggested & unfortunately it did not change anything.  It still flickered.

Thank you for continued assistance. 

~ Heather Reed ~

Sent from TypeMail

0 Likes