Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 and Android Marshmallow
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get this device working flawlessly. Have you completed a backup of your device recently? We don't want you to lose any information.

RobertH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Fabrice
Enthusiast - Level 2

I haven't done any backup recently and I did reset the network setting and all. The problem must be apps compatibility with Android Marshmallow. It actually may not be a problem with wifi based on my tests. So using Facebook again, I downgraded it to the factory version (disabling the app let's you do that) and now so far I haven't seen the same problem. But again, other applications that got upgraded along with the phone OS are misbehaving. 'No internet connection' when I try to sync/refresh.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your device to work as intended, Nytewynd. Issues specific to applications are commonly resolved by deleting the application and then installing again. Please delete Pandora, power your phone off/on, and install it again. Test and keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Fabrice
Enthusiast - Level 2

Like I said I already done that. With all due respect I think sometimes you guys forget some people are tech savvy lol. It was one of the first think I have.

Anyway, based on my research and the communication I got with some of the apps developers it looks like the power saving mode that comes with the latest update is very rough on restricting background processes. So anyone else experiencing the same issue should try to switch off the option.

Hopefully Samsung Samsung will fix this sooner than later. I had always used power saving mode without problems until.

Thank you for your help though. I really appreciate it. Hopefully this is really the problem and nothing else will happen.

cahillsr
Enthusiast - Level 3

Try Turning off power saver mode. This should take care of your problems. Seems to be a bug in power savings mode

that's preventing apps from accessing the internet

good luck

[Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

0 Likes
Fabrice
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes thanks, I did figure that one out eventually.

0 Likes