Samsung Galaxy S6 and Android Marshmallow
Fabrice
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is anybody else having WIFI problems since upgrading to Android Marshmallow? So since I upgraded my WIFI connection is always dropping.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 and Android Marshmallow
cahillsr
Enthusiast - Level 3

Try Turning off power saver mode. This should take care of your problems. Seems to be a bug in power savings mode

that's preventing apps from accessing the internet

good luck

[Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ldm5858
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, Wifi connectivity problems, streaming apps do not stream continuously unless the app is front and center. I did the 'Wipe Partition Cache" & it has not helped.

FBrown
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I was losing my data connection, both wi-fi and 4G, after the Marshmallow update.  I reset the network connections on my S6 and now wi-fi is working again (You'll lose all your saved wi-fi info).

I'm still having trouble when it is just 4G, even after resetting the network connections.  I'm looking for a solution and hoping that Verizon/Samsung are working on it.

mokiepoet
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am and my music apps are not working right (I have Pandora but I also tried iHeart). Screen flashing has been a problem too. I  treat my phone very well and I don't bog it down with lots of apps. I did not have any issues before the update. 

0 Likes
Nytewynd
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having this exact issue.  Pandora won't stream and I can't connect to the Google Play store.  I can watch you tube and listen to google play music, so it is very specific to the app.

0 Likes
jwp123

Some apps work when WiFi is on and some do not. I have found 3 that do not work when WiFi is on so far. Google Maps reports no connection, team viewer  fails to connect, Lexus remote crashes on start up. When ì turn WiFi off and use mobile network all 3 work fine. Let's hope for an update. I am pretty sure other apps are also failing o. Wifi.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Fabrice, we want to ensure you stay connected. Have you made sure it is not the modem you are connecting to? Are all devices able to connect?

LauraL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

FBrown, we want you to have an excellent 4G LTE connection. What zip code are you at? Does this happen inside, outside or both?

JoelR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Fabrice
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I did check the modem as well. I restarted it, cleared the cache for all my apps and I'm still having the same problems. Just like others mentioned here already it looks like some apps aren't working properly. I know Facebook for instance is not working properly on the phone. But there are other apps too. But when I switch to mobile data they all work properly. I even re-installed some of the apps and it did not fix the problem.

Thanks,

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Fabrice - we certainly want to ensure that you're able to use your apps while on Wi-Fi. Let's delve in a bit deeper. Have you reset the network settings on your device in order to reset the wifi antenna in your phone? If not, please do so as follows:  http://vz.to/1S8HRuB. Please then retry the connection to your Wi-Fi network. Also, have you ensured your wireless router is running the latest firmware? As the software updates for most devices, it is vital to ensure that your router, bluetooth systems in cars or wireless speakers are also up to date to maintain connectivity.

EbonyR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes