Samsung Galaxy S6 speaker not working properly after salad dressing spilled on it. How to fix?
VERHAN81
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Samsung Galaxy S6 was in my purse along with a small container of salad dressing that spilled everywhere including on my phone. The speaker must be clogged because the notification sounds for texts, calls, etc. is very faint even though all the volume settings are at maximum. Do I need to have the speaker replaced or how else can this be fixed?

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 speaker not working properly after salad dressing spilled on it. How to fix?
deloused
Master - Level 3

A cellphone/electronic shop in your area could check the phone out to assess the damage and find what parts needed to be fixed. Samsung can also do that if you were to send the device to them

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 speaker not working properly after salad dressing spilled on it. How to fix?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

VERHAN81, 

Accidents can happen. I think we have all been there in one way or another. While you can take the phone to a repair shop, it may void any warranty you have left on the device. The best place to go is through is the manufacturer themselves. The best option is to have it replaced under an insurance option. Did you elect to have insurance on the phone?

Jenelle_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes