Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 2017 New Year's today only promotion
georges_vzw
Verizon Employee

We want to ensure you get the promotional credit you qualify for, stahles1. We're here for you. I've sent you a direct message so we can look into this for you. Please look for an email from me.

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mhalla99
Enthusiast - Level 2

Someone from Executive Relations at Verizon Wireless contacted me directly today as a result of the complaint I filed with the Indiana Attorney General.  Although I am now receiving the $18/month credit I took the opportunity to discuss the matter further with the person during our pleasant conversation.  I shared the concerns expressed by a number of individuals in this forum thread regarding the extremely poor manner in which we were being treated by various Verizon Customer Service reps when making the case for instatement of the January 1, 2017 Galaxy S7 promotion on our respective accounts.  Particularly troubling was the insinuation on the part of some Verizon Wireless reps that we had photoshopped the screenshots of confirmations we received when ordering our phones.  Also troubling was the manner in which reps were offering us alternate compensation in dollar amounts that paled in comparison to the total of $432 that was owed each of us over time.  I also mentioned that although I am now receiving the credits I never heard from anyone at Verizon Wireless as to what went wrong on their end with respect to the promotional credit being denied in the first place.  In response I was told that Verizon Wireless outsources promotions to third parties and the promotion was being paid out just one month late.  I noted that it was actually two months late given there are five $18 credits now showing up on my next bill.

0 Likes
Vin-NJ
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for updating but I'm sorry to say that whatever Verizon's excuse is is a load of garbage! I too am supposed to be getting my credits as it is showing up on my next bill but for Verizon to not know what promotions it ran is pretty sad. Or is it that everyone we talk to are not Verizon employees and have no clue what Verizon does, which again doesn't say too much about Verizon and their practices. The fact that I chatted on line with a Verizon representative at the end of April and was told 'no promotion like you describe was available'  is really disheartening and says it isn't being paid out a little late.

Luckily I came across this thread, saw other's are having the same issue and some Verizon reps here were looking into it gave me some hope. Seeing that other's actually talked to supervisors that helped them gave me even more hope and reading about going to State and Federal agencies was going to be my net step which luckily I didn't have to do ... yet.

I can't blame the Reps themselves as they are just workers with whatever info they have. I just shake my head that we all have to fight to get what was offered and Verizon promotions dept had/has no clue about it. As to the authenticity of our orders - it was on 1/1/17 and anyone who ordered the phone should be in their database - yes there was a few promotions but they should have a way to decipher who gets what promotion. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the need to have the promotional credits as promised, Vin-NJ. With regards to the account we do want to make sure everything is set up properly and that your credits will be issued as promised. Please reply back to the private message I sent you to access your account for review. Thank you for being a valued part of Verizon.

JasperM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
stahles1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Obviously the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Here was my response from VZW. I got this on 5/11/17.

Thank you for your reply, Doug.

I did more research into this matter and am afraid I have sad news. The promotion we offered on New Year's Day for your device required you to purchase both that device and a tablet. Then, the two combined would be eligible for discounts that made the payments $10 per month for your phone, and $7 per month for the tablet. I was unable to find any tablet purchase in your account at that time. Please let me know if there's anything further I can help with.

Sincerely,

George

0 Likes
stahles1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hmmmm, now I just got a call from VZW saying my credits have been approved starting with my June bill. With all that is going on I'll believe it when I see it.

0 Likes
JAGS52982
Enthusiast - Level 3

To the customer service reps contacting ppl on this forum stop talking about the s7 and the tablet promotion. We all know that promotion was available that day but there was also the other promotion where you just purchased the phone by itself. I understand that it doesn't show up on your end that's why we are having this issue. It needs to be escalated that's the only way it has been resolved for me and some of the others. Just stop with the unfortunately you didn't buy the tablet song.

LORHUT25

Have NOT received the $18 per month credit; have called and spoken with 3 different reps and basically am told that was NOT the deal.  I know that I did NOT misunderstand.  NOT happy about this...

0 Likes
CRAGLO32

I am also one of the customers that got pulled into this deal that appears to us as $18 back per month. You can look up my call in log on my account to see I started calling In March. Thank you for your attention.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lorhut25, we always want to make sure our customers are getting the correct promotions.  I have sent you a private message to work on this issue together.  SeanC_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes