Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 2017 New Year's today only promotion
JAGS52982
Enthusiast - Level 3

on the phone again...doesn't seem like anything will get resolved. Are we going to have to go to small claims court over this?

0 Likes
JAGS52982
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was told a promotion investigation has been started and it normally takes 5-7 days. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
ZEIGLER76
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been through two calls and went to the customer service account on social media.   Verizon is not budging on this.   As soon as i pay the extra 400 dollars that I didn't expect to have to pay for this phone I'm on to AT&T.   If they want this money over the future payments from me as a customer they can have it.

JAGS52982
Enthusiast - Level 3

After this if they don't honor their promotion then it looks like the only other alternative is arbitration. At first glance small claims court doesn't seem to be an option due to agreements we signed. I believe an arbitrator provided the archive of the website would see that the promotion was there would decide that Verizon should honor the promotion. I just really hope it doesn't come to that. I have been with Verizon for many years I believe that maybe since 2004.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

That promotion (and your detailed records of it) do seem pretty cut & dry. While the credit should certainly apply to your account automatically if you met all the terms shown in the offer, personally I believe the best way to resolve this would be to submit your screenshots showing the details of the offer, and confirmation of your accounts equipment purchase (receipt/bill) in a BBB complaint.

In a few days both Verizon and the BBB would follow up with you. I don't see how they could not side with you on the issue given the details and evidence provided. (To me this way would be easier and quicker than calling front line employees or dealing with legal/arbitration stuff)

0 Likes
SB41076
Enthusiast - Level 2

Looks like I'm not the only one who was taken by Verizon on their 2017 New Years day special for $10 a month for 24 months of the Samsung Galaxy S7.  After my third call to customer service I realize Verizon doesn't even know what they were offering with the S7 that day.  First call I was told I was suppose to have a trade in with the purchase.  I explained there was nothing about a trade in when I ordered the phone.  Then today I was told I was suppose to order the tablet with the phone.  I said what is it, the trade in or the tablet?  They have no clue. 

I'd like to know how many people got taken on this offer?  I feel its time to call the FCC.  This should be an easy win in a class action suit.  I still can't believe Verizon would not stand behind a promotion they offer. Are they hurting that much for money?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely understand the importance regarding your phone promotion,  JAGS52982. I know you have done a lot of work on this already and I would like to ensure that this matter is resolved quickly for you. I have sent a private message to you in order to further assist. I look forward to your reply.

LaurenC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
AFSAVV80
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

I took that offer and have been having the same issue and as you explained

had few conversations with the customer service and have got the same

responses as you explained.

Thanks

EBSTER3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have also ran into the same issue. I purchased 3 Galaxy S7s on a shared data plan on Jan 1 after several of your customer representatives ASSURED me that I will be receiving the promotional offer of $10/month for each phone. I would not have purchased the plan otherwise. I spent time on the phone with customer service yesterday and now you guys are saying that promo was only for a trade-in or with purchase of a tablet. That is not true. This is absolutely unacceptable behavior.

EBSTER3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Based on the replies I've read online and response on other forum, I believe a large amount of customers are struggling with this issue