Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Not Getting Emergency Alerts
BurlesonG
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone is not getting the Emergency Alerts despite all of the settings being correctly configured.  There was a tornado level event that occurred within close proximity to where I'm at and I never got an Emergency Alert on my phone.  I've checked with several other people I know that have Verizon as their carrier that were also in the same area and they didn't get the alert either.  Whats odd is that some of my co-workers have AT&T and their phone did signal the Emergency Alert for the severe weather. 

Something very odd about that and with an event that can cause injury or worse.  Verizon needs to look into this immediately and find out what happened and make sure this kind of issue doesn't happen again.

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Not Getting Emergency Alerts
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

I apologize there were no emergency alerts going to your device about very bad weather in your area, BurlesonG.   I hope everyone is ok and no serious problems happened as a result of the bad weather. Let me help you with this concern so it does not happen again. What’s your zip code? When did this happen? Were you on Wi-Fi or our network at the time of this issue? Please share some details so we can look to see if there were service issues in the immediate area.

Ed W

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes