Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge spontaneous hairline crack?
techsound08
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Galaxy S7 Edge and within about one month, my phone developed a super thin hairline crack that originates or ends at the volume button and runs vertically along the curved edge of the screen. Now Samsung says my phone is out of warranty. Verizon says they're not responsible either and the phone has NO turn-in value. What the heck? This phone has always been in a very protective Incipio case and was always babied. Does this crack have anything to do with the phone getting too hot?
IMG_1205.jpg

IMG_1205.jpg

I'm very disappointed and now will probably turn in my new Galaxy S8+ because this phone has "no turn-in value" apparently. 

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge spontaneous hairline crack?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you had the phone for over a year? Screen cracks will void the warranty replacement through Verizon Wireless. You might have an option for sending the phone to Samsung directly to repair it if it is less than a year old.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

techsound08
Enthusiast - Level 1

Less than 1 year. I've sent the phone to Samsung for an opinion if damage was caused externally or internally. The only thing they did is note the location of scratch/crack.

They made no judgment on if it was due to internal causes or external forces.

So I'm pretty much screwed. I wanted to upgrade to S8+ since I've already paid off this phone but I've recently been told I won't get any credit for this phone. smh.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Then don't trade it in to Verizon Wireless. Keep it for a backup device or you could sell it on eBay or Swappa if you are honest about the existing damage. You are not required to trade-in the phone if you have paid 100% of the DPP agreement.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
techsound08
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yeah it is a beautiful phone that is super fast but I'm still disappointed

in Samsung refusing to even investigate the root cause of the internal

stress fracture. Funny thing is the battery is directly under location of

the fracture. Oh well. I guess that's the learning cost of new technology.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

verizon gives you peanuts on a trade, i still use my old s5 on wi-fi.