Samsung Galaxy S7 Wifi problem
stigchoi

Home wifi / friend's wifi = works

Work Wifi / public Wifi = doesn't work

I have few co-workers bought S7 and S7 edge. They all have same problem.

We have Verizon, AT&T, T-mobile All same problem.

We all have updated to latest firmware.

We all took it to the wireless dealer. Dealer's WIFI works. Only our office doesn't work.

All of our laptops, iphones, ipad, galaxy s6, in the office, have no problem.

1. Wifi connects to office (yay)

2. Browser / Youtube works (yay)

3. Google Play / Downloading file (wifi drops)

4. App Update (wifi drops)

* 1 of our co-workers got so mad and swapped to new S7 edge from dealer. Came back. Same problem.

* Our router is not filtered. We factory reseted about 20 times. Reseted router. Googled for 7 hours. No answer.

2 weeks later, Firmware update popped up. Updated.

We all got few software updates saying "Wi-Fi Connectivity Improvment".

However it did not work.

Still the same.

We all waited 2 months thinking Samsung is gonna do something about it.

Still the same.

** it is not the office's router's problem. every other device works fine **

** No. I will not tell my office to change the router so we can use our phone that's stupid **

** No. I will not tell every starbucks and hotels to change their router so we can use our phone that's stupid**

as of now 5/6/2016 I know Samsung haven't fixed this issue yet.

ALL WE WANT TO KNOW IS. WHEN WILL THIS BE FIXED? When I say WHEN, I mean actual DATE

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Wifi problem
Klue
Master - Level 1

Your S7 phones have the latest software upgrades, does your work router have all the latest firmware and driver updates? You didn't mention that in your post so I asked.

0 Likes
stigchoi

Yes. We updated to the newest firmware and driver for the router.

But my question is,

Let's say it was the router problem. Let's just say this phone works with only NEW Routers.

I really don't want to ask every public place to update their router so I can use wi-fi for 15 minutes while I'm drinking coffee or staying for a night at hotel.

They won't do that just for people who has Galaxy S7. Every people who has other phone works perfectly fine.

Even if S7 and S7 edge works with other new type of router,

S7 SHOULD be able to connect to OLD not updated routers too. JUST LIKE OTHER REGULAR PHONES!

At the end, S7 and S7 is also just another phone.

This phone shouldn't apple pick which router to work and not work.

Just like the NEWEST laptop or NEWEST other phones work with OLDEST router with OLDEST driver.

It's almost saying like this USB 3.0 device don't work with USB 2.0 ports.

It's a very common technology called. Backward compatibility.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

What kind of message does your phone give you when it detects a wifi network. What message do get when the phone cannot log onto the network?

0 Likes
stigchoi

There is no message. Wi-Fi just disconnects by itself.

And says no internet connected.

If you google it, you'll see thousands of people going through same issue.

This is known issue with no solution.

0 Likes
il_buono
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm running into the same problem on my S7 Edge, but it's happening on my home wifi. I've done plenty of troubleshooting and nothing has fixed it. I reset my device, changed some settings, and my phone has the latest update. Nothing seems to work. The router is already up to date on its firmware and this is the only device on my network constantly disconnecting. Clearly it's an issue with the S7/S7 Edge that still needs to be addressed because the supposed wifi connectivity fix that was sent a couple updates back did not work.

JUAORN33

Mine is the same. It only has a problem connecting to my home wifi.  all other computers and phones  at home can connect.  how can i fix this.  I am using all my data.

0 Likes
RichH71

Same basic issue here. Have upgraded home WiFi more than once to newer systems (Currently Nighthawk Mesh 6) and the two Galaxy S7 phones in our home drop randomly. All other phones and devices using WiFi work flawlessly.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes