Samsung Galaxy S8 w/Oreo - phone connection issues
dperel71

I updated my Samsung Galaxy S8 to Oreo and I am now having issues where the person speaking on the other end of the call starts to break up in large blocks.  The sound is intermittent and I am only able to hear a fraction of the conversation.  I've a couple of dropped calls too.  Anyone else having this issue?

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 w/Oreo - phone connection issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dperel71, we want all of your connections to run smooth sailing. Let’s work together to see what is going on and how we can help. May I have the zip code where you are having these concerns?  Is this happening on every call? Since this has been happening, have you powered your phone off, taken the SIM Card out for at least 1-2 minutes and then put SIM Card back in and power the phone on again ?

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
dperel71

Hi. Zip is 60626. I have not tried the Sim card reset but will do that now.

The spare connectivity happens to often. I have a 4 bar signal on Verizon

and shut off calling through my internet. Still having issues but it's been

a bit better the last couple of days. Thanks

On Fri, Mar 23, 2018, 2:08 PM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
CampCash
Enthusiast - Level 2

My wife and I both have the same problem on our S8 Plus phones since the latest update. I have had tech support run through everything. They even had me go by and get a new SIM card. Nothing has helped at this point. Phone calls are practically a waste of time. I am beyond frustrated!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm glad to hear that you've had a recent improvement, Dperel71. Please try the SIM card reset, this may better improve you current signal. Please also try this as well, it may be helpful to remove the SD card and reinsert it: Ensure the device is powered off > From the top of the device, insert the eject tool (from the original box) into the SIM / micro SD slot > Remove the micro SD card then close the tray.

CecileC_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
SIMGUL18
Enthusiast - Level 2

My husband and I have the same issue on our S8 plus phones. I called customer service and we ran through a network settings reset and some kind of settings push renewal form the Verizon side, and that has not helped.  I did pull my SIM card out to create a reset and that didn't help either. This Oreo update is making phone calls useless as I spend 1/2 the time telling the other person to hold on until I can hear them again.

CampCash
Enthusiast - Level 2

The solution I have been presented with is upgrade to an S9. So the solution is "We ruined your phone, but pay us more money to get another phone that will work until we possibly ruin that one." I am so upset with Verizon right now, I am seriously considering changing carriers, because my wife's phone is not upgrade ready, so it may be cheaper to switch carriers.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

After all this attention to detail in completing steps towards resolving the call quality I regret read this still continues, CampCash .

Nobody here wants you to leave. Now I noticed a detail that I want to be sure is examined.  The original post in this thread is from March, and according to this link, Samsung released an update in early April.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-galaxy-s8-update/

What is the software version you are currently on?

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes