Re: Samsung Galaxy SIV - MMS issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DrunkyMcBay, we don't want you to go! We value your time and loyalty with us. What kind of reception issues are you having? Are you using a 3rd party text messaging app? Please give more details. We want to help!

SammuelP
VZW Support

0 Likes
DrunkyMcBay

I have no reception whatsoever in and around my house. Despite the fact

that I live within 2 miles of a tower. I know reception indoors can be

difficult... But at that distance? If I leave my house and stand in the

yard my signal just switches randomly from 1x to 3g to 4g until the call

times out .... I have compensated in the past by just sending text

messages. Now I can not even do that.... It started with just mms and

pictures not sending but now any text of length gets rejected... I know

about resets... About safe mode... None if it works.. Between the reception

and 3g etc hand off the phone is unusable

On Sep 24, 2013 5:56 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
jmarks9282
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had been having the exact same issue with my brand new galaxy s4(2 days old now). To send pictures or group texts (MMS messages) you must be connected to your data plan and not wifi. Therefore I started trying to figure out how to make my wifi and data signals toggle with out having to manually turn wifi on and off.

Here's how I solved my problem,

Settings<WiFi<then push the button(bottom left corner of phone, next to your home button), this will bring up a menu with 5 options<click Advanced<"check for Internet service" needs to be checked

This setting allows for your phone to switch from wifi and 4g automatically as needed.

It wasn't until after I re booted my phone that I was then able to send MMS messages while connected to wifi.

Hope this helps

jmarks9282
Enthusiast - Level 2

See my other post on page 11 of this forum.

0 Likes
DrunkyMcBay

Wow I would have never found that.... Brilliant...... Thanks tons!

0 Likes
jmarks9282
Enthusiast - Level 2

Apparently Tech Support can't either! Welcome, spread the word, cause apparently this has been an ongoing problem!

0 Likes
DrunkyMcBay

I know six people with different types of samsungs having this

problem....They will love this...... You beat Verizon. I wish I could give

you reddit gold!

0 Likes
tbone704

Same problem here. I've had my S4 since the day Verizon started shipping them out. Today, 10/10/2013 is the FIRST time I have ever had this issue. So NO Verizon techs....it is NOT standard operating procedure to have to turn off Wi-Fi to send MMS/pics. If it was, I would have found this thread months ago.

I've tried everything in this thread and still cannot get a pic to send. I have a Verizon iPhone (work phone) right next to me that is sending the SAME pic in a text over and over with NO issues at all. I can even send that pic to my S4 and receive it in seconds. Try to send it to my 'superior' S4 and spin, spin, spin.... this is pretty stupid guys.

Fix it. Find a better solution than turn off Wi-Fi and reboot (which doesn't work for me). You have angry customers who will take the time to register and post complaints. Don't think they are too lazy to switch providers too. If this continues, I will have zero issues with paying early termination fee and leaving.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Did you Try this, seemed to solved a lot MMS problems

From Jmarks9282 on 9/24/13 on another thread about same MMS problem

Here's how I solved my problem,

Settings<WiFi<then push the button(bottom left corner of phone, next to your home button), this will bring up a menu with 5 options<click Advanced<"check for Internet service" needs to be checked

This setting allows for your phone to switch from wifi and 4g automatically as needed.

It wasn't until after I re booted my phone that I was then able to send MMS messages while connected to wifi.

0 Likes
tbone704

Yes. I actually had that setting on already. I've tried both ON and OFF, rebooting each time I make a change and it still won't send.

Question - if it did fix it, why would my phone have no issues sending anything until today? What changed? Why today?

I'm using the default app for messaging.

0 Likes