Samsung Galaxy s4 - Text message Fail
windyhill28
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got my s4, and at least once a day i have troubles with it sending texts.  They will fail I will reboot and then they go with no issues.  What could be causing this.  I see lot of reports about the update being the issue.  Would like this resolved it is a real pain when sending a text to have to do a Restart to get it to go.

Re: Samsung Galaxy s4 - Text message Fail
crazybob007

Im having the same issue but I go toggle airplane mode to reset the cell radio and it works again rather than waiting to reboot phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello windyhill28, let's get to the bottom of this together! Are you using the stock messaging app or 3rd party application to send messages? Any issues with calls or data? Please test in Safe mode: http://vz.to/1lHEexI Keep us posted!

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mmerc2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having same issue and it's getting exceedingly annoying!  Text messages fail half the time and now messages that I send in Facebook also fail most of the time.  All of my friends with S4's have the same issue and they're all banging their heads against the wall.  It's very frustrating.  I don't know if the issue is with Verizon or Samsung so I'm not pointing any fingers but would like some direction to find a resolution.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to use your text functionality mmerc2. I'm sorry your still having issues. Have you tried a hard reset? Have you tried removing the Facebook application and redownloading it? The app may need an update of its own. I also would always recommend deleting ole/long text threads to give yourself memory on your device. Keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
windyhill28
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am using the standard app.  My new thing rather than having to reboot I read some one said to put it in and out of airplane mode, then the text goes.  It just happened to me I received a text replied back and the received 2nd text and when I tried to send the next text it failed.   Put it in and out of airplane mode and then clicked on it and then it went.  Very frustrating.

0 Likes
windyhill28
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have no issues with calls or data.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@windyhill28,

Thanks for the additional info!

Did you get a chance to place the phone in safe mode http://vz.to/Uu56GG and test? We want to make sure it's not a 3rd party app causing the issue. Please run in safe mode for 24 hours and see if the text messaging issues stop. If they stop then you will need to uninstall all 3rd party apps and re-install them one at a time to determine which one is causing the issue.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mmerc2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've ran mine in safe mode since yesterday and just had a message fail. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@mmerc2,

Thanks for trying that and keeping us posted! Have you had the sim card replaced since this started? You can visit a VZW store http://bit.ly/3SdsA and get a new sim card at no cost. Test it all for a few days and keep us posted.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes