Re: Samsung Galaxy s4 - Text message Fail
zenker

Can't send pictures with my galaxy s4 with my texts

0 Likes
Everlastor

I've had my S4 for just over a month and already sometimes experience these send failures. Restarting the phone helps sometimes, but when it doesn't, I have found this solution to work (found on another board): Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All > Message app > Force Stop and Clear data

It's not a true fix to whatever the root of the problem is, but it has worked for me when I repeatedly try to send the same message with no luck.

0 Likes
karen_diaz_

Restart phone completely

0 Likes
jgreyson1

I've tried every suggestion ever made and I still have daily issues. Guess the solution is to switch carriers.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
jgreyson1, let's look for better solutions than that. We definitely don't want you to switch to another carrier. Have you downloaded 3rd party applications to your phone? If so, some applications can affect the performance of your phone. Let's try running that device in Safe Mode which will determine if an application is causing these issues. Click here for the steps and keep us posted: http://vz.to/1LJTXVj

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
hoppytoad

June 24, 2015

My new reconditioned Samsung Note 3 just started having this problem (last night).

I know that one note was received a few minutes after I sent it. The other one, I don't yet know about. The confirmed, received message was under 128 characters. The other message was over 128 characters.

Why aren't Verizon and Samsung running these tests themselves on their time and equipment rather than have the customer do their testing for them? They have access to all the apps that we have.

Both vendors (Samsung & Verizon) appear to see this as an 'undocumented feature'.

I think it reprehensible that this has gone on for over a year with no solution.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Messaging is more important than ever. A year is too long to wait. Help has arrived. What application are you using for these messages? Are the ones not being received going to the same person, or different recipients?

LynnE_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Whatever1111
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had my phone for quite sometime.. after the update thats when i started having the failed message problem.

Nothing .. i mean nothing fixes it .

Especially texts from vendors that i get and am trying to "stop" .. meaning a 6 digit number ..

im so ill  its ridiculous ! Target keeps sending me mobile coupons.. i try to reply stop and it fails everytime.. but this is not the only one .. Over a year and you still dont have it fixed really ???