Samsung Galaxy s8 magnifier app missing
Bigbill7672
Enthusiast - Level 1

We just bought two Samsung Galaxy s8 phones.  I love the new magnifier app but it is missing on my wife's phone.  It doesn't display on the "all apps" pages.  I did go to the app manager and at first I couldn't find it but then I checked the "show system apps" and it is now on that list in the app manager.  I can't find any way to access the app from her phone.

Any ideas.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Galaxy s8 magnifier app missing
Bigbill7672
Enthusiast - Level 1

I figured out the problem.  The "app" is really a widget.  I did a press and hold on a screen to bring up the edit my start page.  Then selected "widgets" to bring up the widget page.  I found the magnifier widget and did a drag and drop to the start page.

I have found that this widget to be very useful.  It will not only act as a magnifier but also allows you to take a picture of the magnified image.

View solution in original post

Bigbill7672
Enthusiast - Level 1

I figured out the problem.  The "app" is really a widget.  I did a press and hold on a screen to bring up the edit my start page.  Then selected "widgets" to bring up the widget page.  I found the magnifier widget and did a drag and drop to the start page.

I have found that this widget to be very useful.  It will not only act as a magnifier but also allows you to take a picture of the magnified image.

Freerangemom
Enthusiast - Level 1

The magnifier app is a widget!  Thank you!