Samsung Gear s2 Promtion
Waterfalls3232
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did anyone have the VR sent to them instead of the gear s2.  I went in to the store to preorder the samsung galaxy S7 edge due to the free Gear s2. (I have a galaxy note 3 that works fine, so I didn't necessary need the S7). The Verizon corporate store rep said that I have two options.   1.  preorder phone, then trade in my galaxy note 3 for $100.00 toward the purchase of Gear s2 and receive a $200.00 credit (VR costs and games).  Therefore I could get the watch there at the store. Option 2:  The rep could place the order for me online, so I could keep my galaxy note 3, and I will receive the Gear S2 in 4-6 weeks.  I received an email 4-6 weeks later stating (prize logic) stating that I was receiving the VR, I called them and they said that the email was sent out by a mistake to everyone that was receiving the watch.  A couple weeks later I received the VR in the mail.  I got in contact with Samsung, Prizelogic, and Verizon with littlle success.  So now I am stuck with a VR that will not be opened, because I have no use for it.  On top of that I'm paying Verizon $800.00 for a phone that I didn't need. Verizon offered me a $100.00 credit toward the purchase of the watch (the watch on Verizon.com is $349.00, where everyone other retailer has it on sale for $249.00). The main issue I have is that I'm paying $800.00 for a phone that I would not have purchase if the Gear S2 wasn't promised. I would love to find a way to return the phone, but verizon says it is passed the 14 days.  Even though I preordered the phone which was tied to another item that didn't get to my house for a month and a half.  I would  appreciate some ideas, I am at the end of the road with Verizon.  Please Help!!!!

Re: Samsung Gear s2 Promtion
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want you to be happy with you purchase, Waterfalls3232. The Samsung S7 is fantastic device and is quite the upgrade from the S3. I am sorry to hear of your difficulties with the Samsung promotion of the S2 watch. Did you follow these instructions?
Customers must buy the Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 edge on device payment and then redeem the purchase at samsungpromotions.com/verizonoffer to get the free Gear S2. Verizon does not provide the free accessory. Customers must redeem the offer by 4/15/16. The free Gear S2 is available only via online and Telesales purchases.
What is it that you do not like about your S7? What device would you have gotten if not the S7? Please keep us posted.

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

Waterfalls3232
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you even read my post?

0 Likes
Rockym
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm sorry but why didn't you just buy the S3 watch instead of the phone?  It's less than half the price and you'd still have the your previous phone that you like better.  I don't think this promo was for people looking to get an S3, it's for people who actually wanted an S7 phone.

Waterfalls3232
Enthusiast - Level 2

The gear s3 hasn't even come out yet.  I had a samsung galaxy note 3.  The promotion was for a free gear s2 watch.  Where have you been?

0 Likes
Rockym
Enthusiast - Level 3

I meant the Gear S2.  It was a typo sorry.  My question still stands though.  If you're upset about spending $800 on a phone to get the watch, why didn't you just by the Gear S2 itself instead?  Less than half the price of the S7 and you'd still have your old phone which you said you liked better.

0 Likes
Waterfalls3232
Enthusiast - Level 2

my old phone doesn't work with the gear s2, only phones that were made with the same software as the S6

0 Likes
Rockym
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Galaxy Note 3 most certainly is compatible with the Gear S2.  The watch will work with any Galaxy phone that can run Android 4.4 and the Samsung Gear app, and the Note 3 can run both from what I've read.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Waterfalls3232, we are saddened to hear that this is not the phone that you want. We do indeed offer a 14 day worry free guarantee for all of our devices. Getting the free Gear S2 was an exciting promotion and certainly an item that was flying off of the manufacturer shelves. As the promotion itself was offered by the manufacturer, if you have received the wrong equipment we do suggest reaching out to https://promos.samsungpromotions.com/gearvr/verizonoffer or 888-795-6442.

LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
MrTony_AL
Enthusiast - Level 2

"As the promotion itself was offered by the manufacturer" - this is priceless! If it was only offered by the manufacturer, then I'd suggest Verizon NOT plaster it all over their website as a "Verizon Exclusive Offer". You duped customers into buying an $800 phone by dangling a $250 carrot and now are pointing fingers at Samsung. Interestingly enough, there are plenty of Gear S2's in stock for purchase directly from Verizon.

As I stated in another thread, I pulled my payment records for Apr 2015 through Apr 2016 and I have paid Verizon $5071.73 in that time. If Verizon wants to lose that much money per year by [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] me over on a $250 device, then I can only oblige them. We're only asking for what we were promised. If you can't come through then there's no point in paying the highest premiums in the cellular industry. I can get [removed] service for less than half the cost elsewhere.

0 Likes