Samsung Messages RCS support
jeffc73
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey Verizon, I think it's time to activate RCS support on your network so phones like the Samsung Galaxy can start using RCS with the native Samsung Messages app. These are flagship phones. Is the new S20 going to not be supported. If Google can take over and make it work regardless of the carriers, then it should be easy for RCS to work across all carriers with any messages app no questions asked. These are modern times with 5G coming out and we still can't use RCS? That's pathetic. Get with the times (and tech) You claim to have the best network? PROVE IT!!!!!!

You have it enabled on the S9 but that phone is "outdated" but it is the only one that supports RCS with Samsung Messages? The S10 and Note 10 should have been updated months ago. And now with the S20 series, they should have it enabled out of the box. This has been really poor customer service. I mean, my $5/month Tello service supports RCS for my kids phone.  

Labels (1)
Re: Samsung Messages RCS support
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jeffc73, your feedback on this topic is greatly appreciated and will be reviewed for ways to improve the rollout of RCS. Please click on the following web page https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/advanced-messaging-faqs/ for the available information about this service. We hope to have new information for you soon.

DavidC_VZW

0 Likes
Myked

I have the same question regarding Verizon's seeking resistance to this advance, while other carriers seem to be embracing it. Is there an explanation for only having one Samsung model activated?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Myked

Please click on the following web page https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/advanced-messaging-faqs/ for the available information about this service.

EdwardL_VZW

0 Likes
jeffc73
Enthusiast - Level 3

How about just answering the question instead of giving us links that don't answer our question. Verizon claims to be the best network. Prove it and enable RCS for Samsung messages like everyone else. It is pretty pathetic for verizon to lag and be the last one out the gate. 

Tags (2)
jeffc73
Enthusiast - Level 3

Um this link says to get a S9 phone to make it work. They stopped making that phone like 2 years ago. How about update to modern tech like implementing it with the S20 and S10 lines. Even I am smarter than you to think this.

atxmw
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm seriously considering going back to TMobile. More features, cheaper price. Wider 5g coverage. RCS. 

jeffc73
Enthusiast - Level 3
Spoiler
Your link is useless. It talks about using RCS with a Samsung S9 phone which is 3 models old. I can't even get that phone. If it worked with that phone it should work with all Samsung phones since Samsung .messages is the stock app. Get with current tech. We all want RCS. Let's get it rolling out like yesterday. 
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'd never want to see you go and want to ensure we get this turned around, atxmw. Please tell us more about what has you saying this today?

DanielleR_VZW

Tags (1)
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry that feature is not compatible with your device. We do not decided what models will have the RCS feature included. This would be decided by the manufacture. TaylorH_VZW

0 Likes