Re: Samsung Messages RCS support
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am a consumer too and I sincerely understand your desire to use a specific messaging application. We do not have any control over the features included with non-Verizon applications, please contact the manufacturer (https://www.samsung.com/us/support/#) for assistance with the Samsung Messages application.

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
NO100
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thats a fudgein lie. Did you not read their questions or did you read halfway through and quit cuz you think you're better? He just said everyone else has RCS. Therefore the manufacturer already gives you guys the tech to do it. But you refuse to activate it. 

SBacklin81
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon knows very well what people are asking.  They don't have an answer but I'm floored at the attitude the so called reps showing their customers who have been very clear/articulate about what they want and are asking about.  

SBacklin81
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon, if you don't know the answer, ask around. Don't forward your customers to another app they don't want to use.  Don't answer their questions with more questions. You just make everyone mad and its simply stupid.  

This is VZW blocking RCS on the later models as it works on other carriers.  Just like how you guys block the VVM tab on the Google phone app when not on pixel devices...forcing people to use your VVM app.  Your customers pay a premium and they deserve better than what you're currently saying to them.

Zack23
Enthusiast - Level 1

Any word on this yet? I've been with Verizon for nearly 20 years. If they can't get their garbage together, I'll have to take my $400 a month somewhere else. 

0 Likes
Strafe_Stopper
Enthusiast - Level 1

Samsung devices do support RCS in the native messaging app. We literally just have to wait for verizon to get off its high horse and bring RCS support to its network aside from the awful Verizon+ messages app. I could take my verizon Samsung device to another carrier like t-mobile and get RCS without even updating or downloading anything. ridiculous. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there, Zach23. We want to make sure we get you an update on what you need. Can you please clarify a bit further on what exactly is happening with your Samsung Messages?

0 Likes
DaEXfactoR
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't think this is an accurate statement. Galaxy Note 10+ unlocked from Samsung has RCD out the box. You just have to enable it if I'm not mistaken. But I do know it is supported. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The last thing we want is to lose your loyalty, Strafe_Stopper! We assure you our mission is to help you in the best way we can. We are including a link where you can register, this way you can stay up to date on all the new features, and be the first to receive these notifications! http://spr.ly/6605GmgkT

0 Likes
MH1567
Enthusiast - Level 1

You, the carrier, are blocking RCS support in the native Samsung Messages app.  It works with Google Messages, but thatdthat app drains too much battery. 

Enable RCS support for all new devices vs only the s9 (it is NOT a manufacturer issue, it is a VERIZON issue). Today. Please and thanks.