Re: Samsung Messages RCS support
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tagguy, we are sorry to hear that we have lost you as a part of the Verizon Wireless family. Having many options available is absolutely something that we all enjoy. Please know that when making changes to software we do take precautions and complete extensive testing both on our network as well as our devices prior to releasing products to customers as we always want to ensure that we are releasing quality products that work well for our most valuable asset, the customer. We do hope to have you back in the family in the future. LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Frizodanizzo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately where I live that verizon is the only one that covers the entire state rural and all. The state is primarily rural. At&t would be in second but doesn't cover but maybe 1/2 of that and t mobile only covering 1/5th of that. Plus pricing wise it doesn't come out any better with 3 lines on straight talk to get the rcs on verizon yes straight talk uses rcs on your network verizon geez. But overall losing the coverage and increasing my cost isn't something I'd do so I'm kinda stuck with em.

0 Likes
tlbland0426
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also agree. I have the Z Fold 2 on Verizon, one of the most expensive phones you can get and guess what, no RCS using Samsung Messages.  I even recently received the Android 11 update through Verizon and it still isn't an option. There should be zero excuses from Verizon on why this feature is not enabled on every device on their network. And don't even get me started on all the other useful features they disable on Samsung phones so they can force you to pay for their services.

HaveBlue

Why not just install google messages and use that. Rcs works with that and any phone and any Carrier. 

0 Likes
Frizodanizzo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I guess since the s21 came out Samsung's plan is to can its own messaging app in favor of just using Google's so you win verizon you don't have to do jack but kick your feet up you lucky guys you. Apparently others are following suit lg, motorola, etc. 

0 Likes
Mithex
Enthusiast - Level 1

Exactly this! They disabled the call and text on other devices feature as well...

0 Likes
dsmoke
Enthusiast - Level 3

Brand new unlocked S21 ultra. Surprised and not surprised at the same time no native RCS support for Samsung messaging.  Yes google messages provisions correctly but pretty lame Verizon. This should be working out of the box. What is this the year 2000?

0 Likes
dsd990
Enthusiast - Level 1

Still unsupported on the Galaxy S20. Google messages is not optimized for the S20. If you use it instead of Samsung Messages, the screen doesn't wake when a message is received to show a glimpse, even when the feature is enabled.

Testing is not an acceptable excuse. That suggests that Verizon cannot compete with the other carriers who already support this feature on these same devices. Verizon would essentially be admitting "we aren't able to test and enable a feature as fast as our competitors.

CharliFaye
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's getting to the point where I'm almost thinking we should file a class action lawsuit. This has been going on for years now. Verizon keeps pitching itself as the apex predator of the phone world when it is not. 5G is not even available everywhere. Im in NC and I think maybe 4 or 5 cities, if that, has it. Not mine though. I'm 5 minutes from a military post. So it seems like it would at least be provided here. I've also noticed some admin menus and codes I can not access or input on my S20. Verizon has them locked. Mind you I purchased my phone directly from Samsung. I didnt have these issues with Sprint. I only left Sprint because I work in the basement of my company's building and Verizon is the company of choice for cellular access.

Verizon, it's 2021. Give your customers what we are paying for!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CharliFaye, our goal is to provide you with the best wireless experience. We are very excited about the prospects of 5G coverage as it expands. Eligible devices and coverage information can be found on the following web page https://www.verizon.com/support/5g-mobile-faqs/. We recommend checking that website periodically for updates.

Regrettably, we do not have any information on modifying the phone through admin menus, but we would be happy to troubleshoot any general device issues that you may be experiencing. We look forward to providing you with the most reliable network experience for many years to come. 

0 Likes