Samsung S20 FE 5G UW software update killed Voicemail app.
S20NM

I need to report a software issue. My Samsung S20 FE 5G UW received a Verizon update to software version G781VSQU2DUB5 last night (March 1st), and it seems to have killed my Voicemail app. The voicemail now just crashes every time I open it, and occasionally shows the error "Voicemail stopped working." I do not see a way to update or reinstall the included voicemail app. I am still able to dial into my voicemail with *86. It seems there is a software incompatibility that needs to be fixed with the latest update.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung S20 FE 5G UW software update killed Voicemail app.
Lcyoung0486

I am having the same issue, and am very reliant on my voice-mail for work.  Following to hopefully get some answers soon.  Mine also started messing up after the most recent software update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, we are here to aid in any way that we can. Please send us a Private Note.

0 Likes
fjfurfaro

Since the update yesterday I can not use my voicemail, please help. Thank you

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for sharing your own experience with the recent update to your phone, Lcyoung0486. We appreciate the additional information to help ensure this is resolved. Are you able to access your voicemails still by calling *86 from your phone? 

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you are able to access and receive all voicemails, fjfurfaro. Do you receive an error when trying to access your voicemail? If not, what specifically do you experience? Please provide as much information as possible.

Are you able to access your voicemails still by calling *86 from your phone? 

CheyenneS_VZW

0 Likes
donnaoc6

I have the same problem.

0 Likes
Pipestone3

I am having the same issue.  I can access voicemail by *86, but cannot open the app itself - when I try it get a message that states "voicemail keeps stopping".  I have tried rebooting my phone and still no luck in accessing the app.  

Please advise.

0 Likes
Dokturp

Hello, how do I send a private note? I am having the same issue where my voicemail app has stopped working. I am able to access it through *86 but when I attempt to open it, it give me an error message that voicemail has closed and stopped working.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for being patient, donnaoc6. It is critical that voicemail work on your device, and we are saddened to hear you are experiencing otherwise. A look at our forums indicates you are not alone, and we are working with Samsung to sort out and fix this iosue. 

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes