Re: Samsung S20 FE 5G UW software update killed Voicemail app.
grvywrks
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, Im having same issues, same phone. It started after most recent update was installed yesterday. *86 works. Voicemail app crashes when trying to open.   Sometimes see the app in background with a message 'voicemail keeps stopping' and gives two options - app info or close app.   Very frustrating, need this to work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Voicemail is definitely still important to me, so I'm sure it's the same for you. I'm certain that we can get to the bottom of this. Please follow the steps at this link and clear the Voicemail app cache from your device: http://spr.ly/6607HoIIN Once you've completed those steps, power your phone off and on, and let us know if you have different results when you access Voicemail. 

0 Likes
Reedroach1

I've gone through the steps in this link and powered on/off and no change in the issue. As other members stated I can get to vm thru *86 but the phone app continues to try to open but quickly closes in error. Exactly as others have mentioned on this chain.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, grvywrks, we hope you are doing well. I rely on my Voicemail service a lot, especially during work hours when I can't answer the phone I need to know who called and also if they left a message. Allow us to gather more information to be on the same page. Did you already check the Google Play Store for any app updates? Most of the time when new a Software Update is released the apps will also get an update within a few days. Aside from the Software Update did anything else change with your device before you noticed this particular voicemail issue?

VictorC_VZW

0 Likes
S20NM

I received the small software update to G781VSQU2DUB8 on March 11th, and that seems to have fixed the issue for me. My voicemail app is now working again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Reedroach1, I rely on receiving all of my voicemails, and the majority I receive are important, so if my voicemail app was not working I would be lost.  I am here to help and we will deep dive into this issue.  What changes were made before you starting having issues with the app (software update, new app, etc.)?  Can you please check to see if another update is available.  Besides it closing out do you receive any error message?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's wonderful. We're so glad it's working!

0 Likes
TheGrannyNovice
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue on my Samsung Galaxy A03s. No software update available. Tried clearing cache & data, and restarted. Still unable to open the app. Any suggestions?

0 Likes