Samsung S20 Ultra GPS Not Working
CWC2241

When using Google Maps, All Trails or any app that requires tracking your GPS and I lock my screen to save battery or because I'm putting it in my pocket.  The GPS becomes in active, in fact especially in Google Maps, it freezes and stops tracking and won't even update current tracking upon unlocking the screen.  You have to exit current navigation and start tracking again.  I have tried uninstalling apps, restarting phone, clearing caches.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung S20 Ultra GPS Not Working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you are having problems with GPS. Let's look into this. When did this start? Did this start after an app was downloaded?   JoeL_VZW

0 Likes
CWC2241

It started randomly, I've been using google maps since I first got my phone.  Its been happening for close to a month in all apps that track your movements such as Google Maps, All Trails, etc.  I have tried this during safe mode and when I lock my phone while using Google Maps it says searching for GPS after I unlock my screen.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you very much for sharing this with us, CWC2241. Rest assured, we will make sure that your GPS is working correctly on your Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra. When you go to Settings, System updates, and select Check for system update, is there a system update available to download? BrettA_VZW

0 Likes