Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Samsung S20 plus notification problems
Rickk919

Hi  I just switched from my s9+ to the 20+. I am having an issue with receiving notifications. Either they won't come at all or a couple might occasionally come in.  I have it set the same as my S9+. As a test, I fired up my old S9+ on wifi and got a bazillion notifications from the last 24 hrs the phone has been off.  In comparison the S20+ got nothing. everything else seems to be working fine.

As I am typing this my S9 just got updates on Yahoo news, bleacher reports, and smart news. The S 20 nothing

The steps I have taken are the normal ones, checking notification settings, adaptive battery settings off and is set for maximum power, app settings, system updates etc all = to my s9+. I even went so far as to do a soft reset and cleared the phone's internal cache. The only thing I haven't done is a full system restore

I know I could upgrade again to a newer phone, but choose this one as it had more ram large battery and an sd card slot whereas the newer do not

The phone must be partially working as I do get some notifications, but nothing like I should.

Any suggestions I can try greatly appreciated

0 Likes
Re: Samsung S20 plus notification problems
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello! Are you only having issues receiving notifications from apps, or are you not getting it from text and calls either?

*Leyla

0 Likes
Rickk919

G'morning Leyla Thanks for responding. Yes, it appears to be apps only. I seemed to receive texts as I should. I can't honestly answer phone calls as I haven't made only 1. Lol not very social.

One thing I tried since my post is I removed my sim card, restarted, than reinstalled the card. I was told that would make the phone search for area towers. That seemed to help.

Since my old phone was 4 g and that's the card I used, would a 5g card make any difference? I am not sure if I have 5 g in my area

Thanks and have a great day

0 Likes
Jallis
Novice

You might try getting a new sim card. I was told I could not use the sim card from and old phone in a new one.

0 Likes