Samsung S21 5G software update killed Voicemail app
Sparks555

Since the most recent software update (G991USQU4BUKF) applied on 12/9/21, I get a notification stating "Something went wrong. We ran into a problem Try Again Later" and can no longer access voicemail on the Voicemail app.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung S21 5G software update killed Voicemail app
AESrv
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue since 12/10/21 on my Galaxy S21 Ultra. Been using Premium VM for several months with no issues,  until last Friday.

Suddenly, premium visual voicemail sends an error message if a vm is left or if I try to use the app.

I've tried force stop, then cleared cache and date, then restarted.  I've tried a network reset.  Tried downgrading to basic visual VM, then upgrading again.  Basic visual didn't work either. 

Also tried resetting Google and Chrome updates. No luck.

Still getting the following error message:

Voicemail 

Something went wrong.

We ran into a problem. Try again later. 

If there's still a problem, contact Customer Service. 

We have multiple Galaxies, including another S21 Ultra. None of which have premium Visual VM, only Basic Visual. None of these other phones are experiencing this issue. Just the one that actually pays for the service. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sparks555, we do apologize that you are coming across this issue as well as for any inconveniences. The voicemail error is something that we are aware of. We are currently working with Samsung on a resolution with an upcoming update. Currently, though, we do not have an ETR. A work around in the meantime would be to dial *86 to access your voicemails. 

-Christine

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, AESrv. We are aware of the issue the recent software update has cause for Visual Voicemail. At this time we would recommend following these instructions to refresh Visual Voicemail: Go to the VM app > Select the 3-dot vertical Menu (upper right, next to the magnifying glass icon) > Select “Refresh” to manually restart the message downloads. We are currently working with Samsung to have this issue permanently fixed with the next software update.  *Cassie

0 Likes