Samsung S21 Updates Ruined Phone
RustyKirsten

Since the May update, I have been blaming call quality and speaker issues on an "improvement" to 5G.  I also have difficulty searching or using Google for surfing.  Calls drop, parties on the other end say they can hear me; I can't hear them.  For example, a caller will say something, and on some calls, there's dead air for a moment, then the rest of the sentence.  Other times, there's a long pause, and I've missed a whole sentence.  Rumor has it Samsung has an update in the UK that handles this.  I'm about ready to trash the phone, because that's about all it's good for -- keeping the bag in the trash can.  Any thoughts, tips, true rumors, etc.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung S21 Updates Ruined Phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello RustyKirsten,

I depend on my phone every day and would be concerned too if I were having any problems. Verizon has worked with Samsung to identify the problem with the recent update and is getting a patch ready. Keep an eye out for a new update for your phone and install it when it is ready.

-Christopher

0 Likes
whit9

I just installed a new update from Samsung.  It looks like it works.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great! Was there a concern with this?

*Heather

0 Likes
Lind54

I have the same problem with my S21+ I cannot hear the caller; the conversation goes in and out. I send the phone to Samsung and they said they fixed it but the same problem started a few days after receiving the phone.   I purchased my phone in January and I do not want a refurbished phone. Samsung should recall and replace these phones that are problematic. 

0 Likes