Samsung S22+ horrible cellular data performance since software update
Ringthane
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got a Samsung S22+ about a month ago, and last week I upgraded to the latest software update.  Ever since then I've had horrible cellular data performance - websites don't load and when they do it's extremely slow.  Everything else about the phone - texts, phone calls, wifi connections - all work fine, but cellular data is terrible.  I usually have to either restart the phone or reset the network settings to get it working again.  

Is something wrong with the update or do I just have a bad phone?  It was working fine until that update, and now it's completely broken.  

Labels (1)
Re: Samsung S22+ horrible cellular data performance since software update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Ringthane. Thank you for reaching out to us with your concern. I know I use my personal phone for everything to manage my daily routine, so I do understand how important it is for it to work properly. I am here to help. To start, how many bars of signal is your device showing? Do you see the 4G/5G indicator? ~Pamela

0 Likes
Ringthane
Enthusiast - Level 3

When this happens I have three bars of signal and the 4G indicator.  I don't live in a 5G coverage area, so I don't expect that, but I'm not even getting 4G transfer speeds.  

0 Likes
Ringthane
Enthusiast - Level 3

Also, I don't even have good enough data speeds to be able to get the verification code on my phone to be able to sign into this place.  I have to use my email.  

0 Likes
scottgp
Enthusiast - Level 3

In my area, I used to have 2 or more bars.  Now whether 4g or 5g it's usually 1 bar or none!!  I find it hard to believe that it's just a handful of us.  How can a company like Verizon have this big of a degradation of service.  ESPECIALLY when I just bought a brand new, Verizon, s22 Ultra in April!!

Ringthane
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just reset my network settings three times and I'm still not getting a good data connection.  I can't even get a good enough network connection to run a speed test, let alone get a code to sign in here to reply.  

What's going on?  Do I have a bad phone, a bad software update, or is something wrong with the network?  It shouldn't take this many days to answer the question.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reaching out here, I hope your day is going great. We know you depend on your data connection to be speedy, and we want to make sure that you can. What city and state are you in? Do you know other Verizon users near you with this same issue? Thanks in advance. 

-Rosie

0 Likes
Ringthane
Enthusiast - Level 3

When I'm trying to use cellular data it's in Ottawa Illinois.  I don't know if anyone else is having problems.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to be sure that your service is working properly, scottgp! Is your Galaxy S22 Ultra up to date on the most recent software version?

-Marshall

0 Likes
Ringthane
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, it is.  That's when the problem started - after I ran the latest software update. 

Just had to reset again. 

0 Likes