Re: Samsung S22+ horrible cellular data performance since software update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for those details. Are you saying that the 4G Icon never shows up? Does the LTE icon ever come up? Are you experiencing this situation in a specific place like in a home only?

-Roni

0 Likes
Ringthane
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's at work.  No wifi here.  Right now, I see 4G LTE, I have three bars of signal, and my Walmart app says "no internet connection".  I just looked at the phone right now and there was no cellular connection at all - no bars and an X next to them.  I turned airplane mode on and off and it connected to cellular data, but it's still not giving me internet.

This has now been going on for two weeks.  What is the problem here?  What do I have to do to be able to use the network again?  

0 Likes
Ringthane
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have now reset my network settings three times in as many minutes and still no internet.  If this keeps up I guess I'll have to return the phone and try something else.  It's been two weeks and the problem is getting worse and worse.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good day! I hope you're no longer having trouble. But if you are, please reply to start some troubleshooting with us. Is your Roaming on? 

-Carter

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, Ringthane. Our goal is for you to have a working phone. Is this issue happening at a specific location or multiple locations?

-Jason

0 Likes
Ringthane
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's happening at work.  I don't know how to check if roaming is on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details! No worries, does the issue occur outdoors as well? Are you aware of other Verizon users experiencing the same issue? ~Christian

0 Likes
Ringthane
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, outdoors.

No, I don't know anyone else.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Got it! Ringthane, let's make sure you have Roaming toggled on. This link will show you how to ensure it's on. https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-300798/ Can I also have you run a device health check? https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-206364/

Tell me, does your signal improve? 

-Carter

0 Likes
SaltyS21U_User
Contributor - Level 3

Hey Carter, 

Really? What good is running a "MyVerizon Device Health Check," are you really that uninformed? After running the garbage "#MyVerizon Device Health Check," I get the message... "Your phone can't automatically switch to a faster network if it's available. You're better off in LTE/CDMA or global modes for signal strength," and states "See Settings." I go into my Settings ~ Connections ~ Mobile Networks ~ Network Operators and not able to change using a S22, S22+, and/or S22U since #VERIZON has taken controll and Network is set automatically. So, please all the customers and myself a favor and explain what we shall do from here. I am sure we would all really enjoy your advice.

Thanking you in advance and patiently waiting.

Salty... Oh, yes I am!!
0 Likes