Samsung S3 is not allowing outgoing texts (but does receive texts)
Samsung_S3_user

My Samsung S3 is not allowing outgoing texts but does receive them. I have restarted my phone several times, removed and replaced the battery, removed and replaced the memory card, cleared my cache, deleted ALL text threads, tried via WiFi and off, and asked Verizon for help. Does anyone else have this problem?

0 Likes
Re: Samsung S3 is not allowing outgoing texts (but does receive texts)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am so sorry that you're having issues with your messaging Samsung_S3_user! Are you able to make & receive calls? When did this issue start? You can follow the troubleshooting steps in this guide to try to rectify the issue. http://vz.to/12TLCsR

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
butler2013

I have the same problem, and with picture messages.  I've only had this phone since March, then I have gotten replacement sim cards and a replacement phone.  Still hasn't solved the problem.  I have now been on the phone with Verizon for 4.5 hours today alone.  I was first told they would send an alternate phone, then got a call 30 minutes later saying they wouldn't do that but would give me an upgrade.  Wanted a supervisor to get on the phone and was told he would call me.  I waited for 4 hours and a supervisor never called me back.  I'm still on hold waiting on tech support.  VERY DISAPPOINTED IN THE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

butler2013,

Your time and business are truly valued and we apologize for all of the inconvenience this has caused. Allow us the opportunity to take a closer look into this matter.

Was your previous device an iPhone? Are you having trouble sending these messages to all users or just iPhone users?

What is your current upgrade date? Dial #UPG for more info.

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes