Samsung S3 nightmares
smood

I have the S3 and have the worst signal and so many dropped calls I am just about fed up, my husband has the IPhone4 and has no problems. I also have the network extender and that makes the dropped calls worse. I have had many other problems with this phone and ended up with three replacements and I bought the phone brand new and all I get is used certified replacments that tells me someone else returned theirs because of problems and they tell me they can't send a new phone. I feel like as much as I spend on my bill I should get a better signal and a better phone all together. I have been with Verizon for over 10 years and I think that maybe it is time to move on to another cell phone company

0 Likes
Re: Samsung S3 nightmares
Not applicable

When you bought the phone you had 14 days to try it out and return it if you didn't like it.  After 14 days, it's your's for the next 24 months.  If there is a manufacturer's defect Verizon will replace it with a refurbished phone of the same make and model under your 12 month warranty.  After all, your broken phone is no longer a new phone, is it?  If you were to return your phone to the manufacturer for repair, when you received it back it would be a refurbished phone.  This is per the terms of the contract you signed and agreed to.  After your 12 month warranty is up, you don't have much recourse except to purchase a new phone at full retail price or purchase a refurbished phone.  You could also purchase a phone off of Ebay or somewhere such as that.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung S3 nightmares
winnersmw
Contributor - Level 1

It sounds like the reason smood doesn't like the phone is because he/she keeps getting defective devices, not because of the actual device itself. The 14 day return period is to ensure the customer likes the device as it functions properly...

I'd say keep getting replacements until you get one that works, and if you can't get one that works then ask a rep to replace it with a comparable different model, not the S3. I personally love mine but if you can't seem to find one that works then go with something different! You paid a lot of money for your phone and it should function perfectly.

0 Likes