Samsung S4 Bluetooth drops connection to Prius
AZed001
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ever since the last update I need to perform a "Bluetooth Setup" to get the phone to connect to the car.  Then, usually but not always, the connection drops after the car starts moving.  The car screen notes "bluetooth off" and I can't turn it back without turning the car off.  I have tried opening the eTune App prior to starting the car, after starting and opening and closing the app after the connection is lost.  Nothing works.

Is it the car bluetooth or the the S4?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung S4 Bluetooth drops connection to Prius
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You'll need to have Toyota take a look at it. I don't think it has to do with the device you're pairing it to. Although you can try with another device and see what happens.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Are you saying the Prius turns it's Bluetooth off when you start going? Or the phone turns it's Bluetooth off?

0 Likes
AZed001
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think it is the Prius.   The car display shows "Bluetooth off". I can't toggle it back on without turning off the car.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

When you say you can't toggle it back on while the car is on, is the car in motion or stopped?

0 Likes
AZed001
Enthusiast - Level 2

It grays out when moving.  When I stop it lights up again, but it isn't responsive and it can't be turned back on.

MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You'll need to have Toyota take a look at it. I don't think it has to do with the device you're pairing it to. Although you can try with another device and see what happens.

0 Likes
AZed001
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks

0 Likes
hwstusc
Enthusiast - Level 2

It has to do with Lollipop. Neither Verizon or Toyota are taking responsibility for this and correcting the software issue. I'm at about a year of not being able to use bluetooth with my car. This is a safety issue that needs to be treated with more priority.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Did you try it with another device to confirm this? I could be wrong, but usually the bluetooth versions don't get updated which is why often things become obsolete. Unless you buy products like bose who update their bluetooth.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hwstusc, having a hands free connection is such a great benefit on the go. The bluetooth is a device compatibility difference with your radio software, and there may be an update available for your radio. Have you called your car dealer to see if they have the update available for your vehicle? Have you contacted the manufacture of the phone and the radio to check and see if there is a patch available for your vehicle as well? This is where I would start, and see if there is a simple software update available. Let us now if there is anything we can assist you with.

CheriS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes