Samsung S5 says original charger (and any other charger) is incompatible.
maluhia429

Samsung S5 says original charger (and any other charger) is incompatible.

It has not been damaged in any way, the charger port is tight, and there have been no recent updates. This issue just started today. I've tried several chargers, with the same result and the phone is now dead. Prior to it dying, I restarted it several time, removed the battery and reinstalled, etc. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Samsung S5 says original charger (and any other charger) is incompatible.
maluhia429

Now it has a picture of a green robot and it says "downloading" on the screen...wth is going on??

0 Likes
skw1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got that for many, many days, intermittently, when I first got my S5.  It always went away when I took off the back cover of the phone and charged it like that.  The message came back again recently.  Same solution: take the back off of the phone to charge it.  My suspicion is that the phone/battery flex relative to each other and that causes the symptoms.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Maluhia429, a phone without a charge is like a sandwich without the meat. Let's get your phone running smoothly again. What happened after the download completed? Please share details so we may assist.
LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes