Samsung S6 Black Screen and Maintenance Mode cannot boot it back on for hours
JOABUR93

Hi there - My Samsung Galaxy S6 is less than 2 yrs old and on May 3rd, 2017 after I hung up from a call, my screen suddenly went black.  I was unable to power it up until I went to a VW store and had them contact tech support.  We got it started back up in the maintenance boot mode.  Since that time, the problem is now happening more and more frequently (currently 2-3x week and it is taking longer and longer to get it to start back up either in safe mode or normal startup through the maintenance boot screen). (the only way to get out of the black screen).

It starts up and then gets stuck in an endless loop of the Samsung Galaxy S6 startup screen and just keeps looping through that startup screen over and over for more than 1 hour.  Sometimes it gets stuck in the Verizon Wireless red startup screen for an excessive amount of time, too.

I have tried powering it off, restarting it in various modes, and same thing.  I spoke to VW help on Tuesday June 20th and we went thru every app I have and removed and disabled a lot of Android pre-loaded apps.  This did not correct the problem as it happened again on Thursday June 22nd and again yesterday (6/25).

BTW - I have not added any new cases/covers, etc.

This phone is less than 2 yrs old and I therefore I would like to know what options I have for a repair or replacement without just buying a new phone (and paying off this one) as most of your reps in the VW stores automatically recommend.

Can you help?

0 Likes
Re: Samsung S6 Black Screen and Maintenance Mode cannot boot it back on for hours
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOABUR93,

We can relate to how important a working phone is. We'll get this. What happens when you place your device into Safe Mode and test? Just in case: http://spr.ly/65808o5R6

KatiM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Samsung S6 Black Screen and Maintenance Mode cannot boot it back on for hours
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOABUR93-

Goodness, it definitely sounds like you've been through quite a bit recently with your phone. I'm on the scene and eager to help right away. I appreciate all the details you provided, but would like to gather a few more pieces of information so we can get to the bottom of this together. You mentioned that this started on May 3 and didn't add any new accessories. Around the time this started, what changes (if any) did you make with your phone such as a new software update, new application, etc? When your screen is going black, is it always after a phone call or do you notice it happening in a particular app or another function?

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes